Rate the Song Series: The Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Fly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Okay three rounds are going up today and you have two days to vote

There'll be this round, Lady with the Spinning Head Round and the Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix) round, so make sure you check which of the two Lady with the Spinning Head rounds you're in when you vote

For the Fly as always you can vote based on whatever you want

10. The best U2 song ever. Hell, probably the best song ever. Everything about it is perfection.

I've perhaps jaded myself listening to it that many times. But the song is glorious in every respect. I would give it 11 if the video was included.

10. The best U2 song ever. Hell, probably the best song ever. Everything about it is perfection.

Took the words out of my mouth. The song that turned me from a big U2 fan into an absolutely obsessive U2 lunatic.

Perfect song at the perfect time with the perfect accompanying images, etc.
I think I've heard that guitar solo more times than I've heard my own voice.

9. I don't want it to beat TUF. :wink:
I really like this song but I don't want to give every song I really like 10. It's just not up their withtheir greatest songs.

Anyway. Live it kicks ass but I also love Bono's whispering vocals on the album. :drool::drool::drool:

Going with public opinion on this one. Always remember buying this the first day it came out after 2 years of U2 silence and thinking "wow this is U2??!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!" :drool:

absolute 10. best work by Edge in his career, brash in-your-face lyrics that mesh perfectly live on ZooTV. It's an edge to U2 that they hadn't shown before or since really. Brilliant

8. It was my favorite U2 song for a period, and it possesses the first real guitar solo I ever learned, but now I'm pretty bored with the song. Hope it doesn't beat TUF, but then again, TUF doesn't really deserve #1 either. I wish UTEOTW could have gotten just one more 10. :sad:

The song that turned me from a big U2 fan into an absolutely obsessive U2 lunatic.

Likewise for me.

This is a no-brainer, deserves a 10, don't even need to think about it. Like mentioned earlier, The Fly is perfection, dark, rocking riff, beautiful songwriting, great rhythm section and that legendary (in U2 fans minds) guitar solo.

I also love how it has been reinvented through previous tours, if you know what I mean.

:drool:

10. they finished the 80s with a stringy, love ballad named All I Want is You and kicked off the 90s by alienating some with this.

got to see it live in 2006, just brilliant.

love the boston version as well.

I respectfully understand that everyone has their own personal opinion, but how can you give a song like this less than 8? :wink:

I have to give it a ten. I liked this one when the album first came out... but not that much. However, as the years have passed, I've come to love this song more and more (I'm speaking of the studio track). It's one of the few U2 songs that really has funk and swings, it has probably their baddest-ass guitar riff ever, it has great lyrics, and it had the greatest guitar solo I've ever heard by anybody, ever.

Not to mention that this is the song that ushered in the "new" U2 and killed off the 80s. I remember watching the video upon its first showing (in Canada), and thinking... What is this? But it was exciting.

I used to have some bootleg of Edge practicing and honing the guitar solo (on an acoustic), which was incredibly great. Lost this when my hard-drive crashed. If anyone has it, I would be grateful...

If there's a song that embodies 90s U2, it's this. Brilliant. It's also been great on every tour it's appeared.

I listened to this song way too much for awhile, so I'm kind of sick of it, but it's still an easy ten.

I fully expect this to be ahead of TUF by the end of the round, even though I do like TUF more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom