Rate the Song Series: Stay (Faraway So Close!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Stay

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rated 8, its a beautiful song, no doubt, but perhaps the slow vibe in it knocks the 2 points off. :D. my fav part of it? oh god, Red lights, grey morning, you stumble out of a hole in the ground, a vampire or a victim
It depend's on who's around ' etc I detect a slight change in music tone. also those lines, I feel them, haha :D.

Next round will be up later today/tomorrow, I got a new laptop and need to get excel set up on it but my final exam is tomorrow so not 100% sure if I'll have the time tonight, good news it's my last one so expect this competition to be back on track starting tomorrow

I love Stay!

I remember my friend's uncle randomly gave me Zooropa, and I'd never heard of it (it was right after I had started getting into the band). I popped it in and Stay immediately jumped out in its beauty and ambience, and while I hadn't heard many of U2's albums at that point, i KNEW that Stay was one of their top moments because it was just so perfect and surprising at that time.

Sometimes I wish I could recapture the surprise and excitement of a first listen!

I love Stay!

I remember my friend's uncle randomly gave me Zooropa, and I'd never heard of it (it was right after I had started getting into the band). I popped it in and Stay immediately jumped out in its beauty and ambience, and while I hadn't heard many of U2's albums at that point, i KNEW that Stay was one of their top moments because it was just so perfect and surprising at that time.

Sometimes I wish I could recapture the surprise and excitement of a first listen!

Me too! I remember listening to it for the first time and it was right before school got out this past May and I always have memories of that time. I really, really wish I could have that same feeling again. Because after you've heard it a lot and it's been a while that certain feeling you get when listening to something just isn't there anymore. Sad, I know.:sad:

Boring lyrically, I get the idea they wrote it specifically for those acoustic minisets in the live shows. It really doesn't say much of anything...and the studio version with that ramdom plucky guitar :( Acoustic version is OK I guess, eminently forgettable but it sounds nice at least. I just never understood the love for it, maybe there really is some deep profound meaning in the lyrics that I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom