Rate the Song Series: Slug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Slug

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8, but i'm kind of regretting rating it that low. i should have given it a 10 to outway the idiots that don't get Passengers.

Solid ten. An atmospheric giant of a track. Awesome to listen to whilst driving on the highway at night.

Good song. Funny this should come up, I heard it on the way to school today and have had it stuck in my head. Nnnnnuuuggh!:angry::lol: It's good.

Ha, I listened to it on my way to school as well.

i've never heard this song so it must suck!!!! zero!!!!

and "OMG!!!1 they should play it in concert, even though 90% of the people would take a pee break. they should play it for me! Me! MEEEE!!!!

315px-Julia_Roberts.png

i'm going to be realistic here because otherwise we're going to end up with a top 20 which has 10 passengers songs. :lol:

an eight from me. i love it, but it doesn't have a second gear

10. absolutely stunning, this song shimmers it's way into the world, exploding colour along the way. I worship this song, one of the best things they've ever done. How I wish they'd done Passengers 2, send Mullen away on holiday for a month or something.

Just curious...why are we doing 1 song from two different albums concurrently, haven't we usually exhausted an album and it's b-sides and remixes first before moving on?

Passengers has generally been an album that was not to well known around here so I thought it'd be best to do them both at once to stop a two weeks of polls that would get less votes

That makes sense I guess. :up:

Looks like you might have been mistaken in that first assumption, though...around these parts people are all about the Passengers ;)

Yeah Passengers numbers are better than expected although compared to Achtung both are low. Shows how much U2 the average interferencer knows :wink:

10. absolutely stunning, this song shimmers it's way into the world, exploding colour along the way. I worship this song, one of the best things they've ever done. How I wish they'd done Passengers 2, send Mullen away on holiday for a month or something.

Don't send Larry away... he did some amazing stuff on Passengers. Think United Colours... that amazing rhythm track of synths and drums is all him.

I just wish he'd recognize how good that material, including his own contributions, is.

I would rate this song... but I've never heard it.

If we change the thread to "Rate the Insect", I'll have some comments.

Come to think of it, since they've now had "Slug" and "The Fly", I think they should go all out on an insect concept album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom