Rate the Song Series: Silver and Gold (with poll)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Silver and Gold

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8. Another good JT era b-side, and a bit better live - cringeworthy speechmaking aside. If you people think the RAH speech is bad, it was actually LONGER that night and they edited it down for the film.

Love it. Especially the speech. The only thing remotely cringeworthy is the phrase "Ok Edge, play the blues" because, well, it's not exactly the blues that Edge proceeds to play. The rest is bang on :up:

I'd die to hear Bono whip out his sarcastic "Am I buggin you? I don't mean to bug ya" for the mouthpieces who don't like his current speeches. :lol:

Cool song. Always loved the bassline. A good lyric, too. Bono says the word "shit."

Oh, and the speech rules.

I don't have a particular problem with the speech, but the song doesn't do much of anything for me. Five.

I love how some people think this is a RAH song, not a JT b-side.

I love how some people think this is a RAH song, not a JT b-side.

Nobody implied so far that the original is an RAH song, but the live version on that album is the most recognized and famous version. And it's much better than the studio counterpart for my tastes.

8. Good song. At least the live version from R&H. I've never heard the studio version. It's even better to play along to!:drool: I don't mind the speech but when you've heard the song a million times it gets old and boring very fast!:crack: Granted this is one of the coolest songs they've written, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom