Rate the Song Series:Numb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Numb

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Slug and Babyface polls are now closed

Another day another slightly delayed round, this time we'll be going with Numb and Your Blur Room both polls will be open for at least a day and you can vote based on whatever version of the song you wish

Interference's Top (135) U2 Songs
12. Zooropa

34. Slug

84. Babyface

90. United Colours

Babyface > United Colours...okay...

I'm sorry but I can't give it other vote than 10.

I love zooropa and I absolutely ADORE this song. The video probably has something to do with it, but I just love it. The Edge's voice :drool:

The Fat Lady! The Fat Lady! :drool::heart:

i gave it a 9 just because i love Lemon, Zooropa and Stay just a little more.

I find this one hard to assign a cold, mathematical number to, but I scored it '8'. That is, about a typical-quality U2 song, but since it's really unique, I love when Edge 'vocalizes', and the guitar sound is awesome, I bump from 7 to 8.

10. Took me a very long time to get into this, years in fact. They've never done anything like this before or since.

8, super different and awesome, but on an album with the likes of Zooropa and Stay, its 2nd tier.

Is this honestly the last time we've had an Edge lead vocal though? Sad. 'Van Diemen's Land' :drool:...

Finally, this thread serves some purpose:

I like Numb well enough. I always appreciate a good hook, and Numb is a bit bland melodically, but it's a great concept and there are a number of ear-catching production flourishes.

It's one of my least favorite songs on my third favorite album of all time. :shrug:

So, 7/10.

10! absolutely brilliant...mumbling actionscript & the finest electronic riffs. even the falsetto is just great. clearly inspired by kraftwerk.
:up::applaud:

10! absolutely brilliant...mumbling actionscript & the finest electronic riffs. even the falsetto is just great. clearly inspired by kraftwerk.
:up::applaud:

Here here, inspired by Kraftwerk, one of the best band's that you could be inspired by, they're the band I obsess about most, after U2 of course!!

Until Sexy Boots reared its ugly head, this one was the most underwhelming 1st single they had released. It has its moments, but leaves me pretty much indifferent.

I have the utmost respect of the song as part of the broader U2 discography and history, but I just don't enjoy listening to it that much, and very rarely go out of my way to listen to it as and individual song.

8. It's great, I don't think you can find any negative about Edge rapping. Enjoy it immensely. Respect. :up:

Gave it an 8. It's got some really fantastic sounds and I love Edge's vocal. The keyboard buildup section in the middle is great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom