Rate the Song Series: Love Is Blindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Love is Blindness

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So time to close off Achtung Baby once and for all, this round we'll also be doing She's a Mystery to Me (Better late than never eh?). Okay I'm gonna try something different this round; there is no set closing date on the poll, the poll will close when either the next round is posted or I post in the thread to declare it closed; seeing as I've been busy lately it's been pointless to close them after a day so I'm going to try this and see how it goes. Therefore this poll will be open for at least a day. Most likely it'll be closed tomorrow but it'll probably be open more than 24 hours

So you can vote based on whatever you want, studio or live or whatever

PM me suggestions for remixes and unreleased songs that you feel deserve their own round;also if you wish to change your vote PM me too as I don't always have time to read every post in the thread. Unreleased songs will be done eventually, however remixes must be submitted before the original song is put up to vote

10 for me as well.
"Love is blindness I don't wanna see, wont you wrap the night around me." I don't think Bono has ever put something across better and more succinctly before or since. This song is absolutely perfect. What a way to close an album.

Ten. This is increasingly becoming my favourite song off Achtung. I may have to reconsider the placement of Acrobat and LIB in my U2 top ten.

The magnificent ending to the greatest closing trilogy of songs ever (Ultra Violet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness). When performed live, it was simply in another league. Greatest Edge solo ever, especially the 1992-06-01 Birmingham version.

So I guess it's a 10.

I may have to reconsider the placement of Acrobat and LIB in my U2 top ten.

Dude! Keep us posted on that...

Anyway, all the songs on Achtung are brilliant, but this one isn't one of my particular favorites. I'm not giving it a ten, but it's still great...

It's great that the world's biggest group really challenged themselves to come up with a new approach in 1990/1991. Songs like this just aren't conceivable from the group who did The Joshua Tree, but here it is. Maybe those guys that are actually in the band really knew more than we do after all...

facepalm.jpg

9. I just couldn't give it a 10 but it's really close. Love the little solo at the end. There's a lot of emotion in the vocal and the music and the lyrics are great.

6 for the album version. I simply find it really dull melodically, and the lyrics something of a mixed bag. Also, sorry, Edge's solo is shit. No idea why it gets so much praise. People must be thinking of the live versions, which are like 10000000000000000000 times better. On the plus side, it does close the album appropriately. I just don't get much out of it. Its an 8 or 9 live though.

a 10 from me. once i got really into achtung, i had a hard time believing how incredible i think this song is. live, another place, too.

i've always wanted to make a video for this song. i would, if i had any sort of discernible talent in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom