Rate the Song Series: In God's Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate In God's Country

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So last round saw Drunk Chicken fail and well you're gonna have to wait to the end of the album to see where it is :wink: but this round we'll be voting for two tracks that are actually quite good, we've got the single In God's Country and the quite all right Rise Up, you've got a day to do it and you can wait based on whatever so go crazy

I'm giving this one 10 even though I'm sure most people probably consider it more a 9 or 8. It's been a personal favourite of mine ever since I first listened to the Joshua Tree. Great lyrics, great vocals, great guitar... absolutely love this number! The intro was my ringtone for quite some time.

Naked flame
She stands with a naked flame
I stand with the sons of Cain
Burned by the fire of love

:heart:

I'm giving this one 10 even though I'm sure most people probably consider it more a 9 or 8. It's been a personal favourite of mine ever since I first listened to the Joshua Tree. Great lyrics, great vocals, great guitar... absolutely love this number! The intro was my ringtone for quite some time.

Naked flame

This.

Naked flame

The naked flame lyric is definitely one of his best ever.

A few years ago, I wouldn't have give this more than 6.

Now I am very tempted to give out a rare 10, my third from this album no less.

Yep, 10.

Six. Not really interesting. The lyrics sound great, and the song is one of the rare few that actually fits into TJT as a concept album, but it's still pretty uninteresting to me.

That being said, I'd love for them to play it in Phoenix, because it's at least really energetic live, and certainly would be better than Elevation.

That being said, I'd love for them to play it in Phoenix, because it's at least really energetic live, and certainly would be better than Elevation.

This... with the exception of keeping Elevation in the set :wink:

IGC gets an 8 from me. Real good song, but far from the best on JT...

Classic song. Everything on this album is at least an 8 or a 9, and most of the tracks are 10s.

I'll give this a 9, I think.

Back
Top Bottom