Rate the Song Series: Even Better Than the Real Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Even Better Than the Real Thing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Same as always guys, it's the weekend so you get 3 whole polls and y'all get two days to vote on them so enjoy

I ascribed a 9 to it. It contains some of Bono's finest lyrics, especially the "crimson sky" verse. Combine that with the slide solo and you have arguably U2's sexiest track.

I gave it a six, but it could have just as well been a seven or even an eight, I guess. Just not doing too much for me at the moment.

I briefly worked with an artist who was on set for the video clip, which is pretty cool.

7, an awesome rocker single, but among the lower tier of AB masterpieceness (that's now a word, someone call Oxford.)

9. The slide solo is enough reason for me to dance. :dance:

How can you not like this song.

How can you not like this song.

Because I don't. Never have. I don't like the slide solo. The lyrics are ok to me: not bad, not great.

I like the opening riff. The "sexy" Larry and Adam rhythm is decent, which is why I gave it a 5.

I'm never really excited when they play it live. Everyone else goes crazy and I'm standing there like Meh. :shrug: Can Edge just play the opening riff over and over, please?

9. Not part of my elite group of favourites to give it a 10, but damn it's a fine, exciting and iconic tune. Probably warrants a live comeback. Dump the tired Misty Ways and End Of World and play this, could work well with the 360 theme.

eight. good song, for sure. but it is probably the one song, with so cruel and mysterious ways that has never really clicked with me. i mean i listen to it and i love it, but perhaps i'm just not in love with it. i think i also really need to go to bed.

3. Just not doing it for me at the moment.

It's never been a particular favourite, but maybe at other points I might've given it as high as 6. I don't know. I don't have a strong opinion really, I just stuck in a number.

10. I like how I can hear someone in the background yell "Yeah! Yeah!" during the guitar at the end of the song. The most underrated guitar riff. In any guitar riff lists it should be amongst the top 10. :rockon:

rated it a 6
in the top 3 of my least favourite U2 singles

judging by the logic in the One thread I should prolly rate this 0
but, hey, I'm not 5 years old anymore :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom