Rate The Song Series: An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

Votes: 8 24.2%

Votes: 8 24.2%

Votes: 9 27.3%

Votes: 3 9.1%

Votes: 1 3.0%

Votes: 3 9.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
The last round saw three Boy era songs be put up on trial here on Interference. The winner by a comfortable margin was Twilight which managed a rating of 6.91 enough to give it second place. Another Day managed 5.12 which is enough to place it in third, while Inside Out was given a poor 3.41 one putting it clearly in last place

Interference's Top U2 Songs
1 I Will Follow 7.48
2 Twilight 6.91
3 Another Day 5.12
4 Boy/Girl 4.41
5 Inside Out 3.41

This round we see An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart go up for voting along with Twilight (Demo Version) and Jack in a Box

As always we'll be rating from 0-10

8, a great atmospheric song that showed the band playing to strengths they hadn't even realised they had yet

5. My least favorite song on Boy. I like the beginning but An Cat Dubh but Into the Heart is a bit too slow for me.

Can't believe I was the only person who gave Twilight a 10 ... or that Inside Out didn't get totally trashed.

Anyway, ACD/ITH gets a 9 from me. It's truly excellent stuff, one of the highlights of the album.

Easy 9. Probably closer to 9.5, but I only wanna give 10's to the truly big guns. Absolutely breathtaking song. Hard to define my favourite track of BoY, but it's between this and A Day Without Me.

6. I like the song(s), don't get me wrong. However, it/they read(s) as one giant promise to me, a promise that slowly fulfilled itself between TUF and NLOTH, but that didn't fulfill itself right then and there. And I'm voting for songs as impartially as possible... against some of my favorites (Lemon, Please, Bad, MOS, UC, Streets, One, at the like), I can't give ACD/ITH more than a 6.

I like every song that's a five or above, generally.

Wow, I'm impressed how well ACD/ITH is doing. Wish Twilight had got this level of love.

Back
Top Bottom