Rate the Song Series: Always Forever Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Always Forever Now

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this track, gave it a ten. I really like the long, drawn out build of intensity in it, and the synth strings at the end are :drool:.

Let me guess, it's better than WOWY, One, or Bad?

This entire process is getting ridiculous now IMFO.

People have their own opinions, a lot of people don't like One and other tracks that's life, I'm not making a big deal out of how high Ultraviolet is so I'd appreciate it if people stopped commenting on how people vote like this. We're allowed to think every one else is deaf and stupid but let's just keep it to ourselves

Let me guess, it's better than WOWY, One, or Bad?

This entire process is getting ridiculous now IMFO.

Sheesh. I don't think it's necessarily better than those songs. It's just a track that I love, so I gave it a ten because that's what it is to me. Taking into account the fact that people have differing tastes, I honestly don't see why it's so ridiculous that some fans could like some of the tracks on OS1 just as much or more than the songs you or I would consider U2 classics.

Ok well thanks for expressing your opinions on my opinion! (which, of course, is why I said "IMFO")

:lol:

(mind you, I never said anyone was deaf or stupid :huh: I just think people put way too much weight on obscure ambient tracks...I'm almost tempted to think that it's some sort of twisted indie-tastic sensibility but that might be reading way too much into it :shrug: )

Yawn. A one for being associated with one of the great movies of all time, but that's about all I can in good conscience muster.

I assume you mean "heat"? then please me yawn at the idea that that is a great movie! :wink:

Only gets a 7 from me, my least favourite song on Passengers, never really engaged with it, but I still appreciate the rush of the opening minute, also love the ending.

I assume you mean "heat"? then please me yawn at the idea that that is a great movie! :wink:

Take that back. Take it back right now! :)wink:)

I love the movie personally, and I love that it features some Passengers music even if it's only for like, 35 seconds. There's also a deleted scene on the DVD that has Plot 180 in it.

I'm almost tempted to think that it's some sort of twisted indie-tastic sensibility but that might be reading way too much into it :shrug: )

Twisted "indie-tastic" sensibility? About U2 of all bands? Uh-huh.

This one's an 8. Great drum part by Larry, some usually cool Passengers atmospherics going on here. And being featured on Michael Mann's Heat is always an advantage.

:rolleyes:

and why can't some express their opinions on the results so far? I don't get that.

Me neither.

12. Your Blue Room - In the context of U2's discography, YBR is a very unique track, and Interference's collective decision to place it in the top 15 has merit. I'll give its placement an 8/10. Not up there with ASOH making the top 10, but certainly superior to Interference dropping the ball on One.

13. Zooropa - Lower than YBR?? Bull fucking shit. You chose...poorly. 2/10

35. Slug - Well, it's an obscure ambient track, and it's above One, so that's something in its corner, but I think you guys got a little 10 happy. 5/10

59. Numb - Some consider it a disaster, but it's undeniably an experimental disaster, which should place it at least in the top 70. So far so good. 9/10

86. Babyface - Indicative of Interference's overall opinion, but you're all idiots. 4/10

92. United Colours - See above. Obscure ambient tracks should be placed far above Babyface, WOWY, One, and Bad. Every last one of them. 1/10

i still think "One" got rated too low. i know that's not the cool thing to say around here. i love the song, love the live '95 version even more.

i still think "One" got rated too low. i know that's not the cool thing to say around here. i love the song, love the live '95 version even more.

yeah, One got totally jobbed.

now I'll be told how everybody has different opinions, so this is my opinion. :wave:

Wait...maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here..2/10 for Zooropa? I thought you loved Zooropa? Really?

you're misunderstanding what he's saying i think. his rating is on where interference rated it- i.e, it's rated worse than YBR - therefore, we get a 2/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom