Rate the Song Series: 4th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate 4th of July

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Last round we had voting up for Promenade and Boomerang I so this means this round it's time for 4th of July and Boomerang II, the poll will be open for one day and you can base your vote on whatever you want

8. Not pointless, not rubbish - in fact, a rather enjoyable interlude. Nice that Eno hasn't TOTALLY forgotten that bass exists on this album.

How does one rate this. One would rarely go out of their way to listen to this as an individual song, though one would certainly never skip it while listening to it as a part of the album.

7, I suppose. Unquestionably sweet to listen to.

On the album it works I guess. If I have to rate this as an individual song however, it's barely getting 1 point.

If I just look at the song it's really bad but it's pretty good on the album. 5

I think it's a lovely little mood piece. Sets the tone nicely for the second half of the album nicely. I love how a song with such a powerful, potentially bombastic and evocative title can be so subtle, gentle and mysterious.
Love it. 8.

What a load of bull, this song is definitely a big fat zero. I can't believe that people are rating it 7/8 etc...

What a load of bull, this song is definitely a big fat zero. I can't believe that people are rating it 7/8 etc...

You don't get it, do you? Obviously people are rating it with respect to how beautifully it fits in and flows into Bad.

Personally, I think this could have been a part of Promenade. Eh.. anyway, since it is gorgeous in the context of the album I give it a 6. By itself, it would probably be a 3 or something.

9. I know it's barely there, but I love it, and not just because you can hear the bass. And it does work perfectly going into Bad. It's something I can just zone out listening to.

You don't get it, do you? Obviously people are rating it with respect to how beautifully it fits in and flows into Bad.

Personally, I think this could have been a part of Promenade. Eh.. anyway, since it is gorgeous in the context of the album I give it a 6. By itself, it would probably be a 3 or something.

I'm sure it flows into 'Bad' well, but I really do think 4th of july is the most pointless album track out there.
TUF would have been much better if the three sunrises and bass trap were included instead of 4th of july and EPAA

i hate studio bad so i guess that's why i don't particularly care for the song. it's good, but it seems like it's over before it really starts. i should check out the long version sometime to see if i like it.

Back
Top Bottom