Rate the Song: No Line on the Horizon 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NLOTH2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Believe it or not, today we begin voting on our last round of album tracks, from the second half of No Line on the Horizon! NLOTH2 is obviously not part of the NLOTH album, but I am including it here to reduce the number of songs in the non-album rounds.

Please rate No Line on the Horizon 2 on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

It's super fun. I laugh every time I hear the bit with the unfinished lyric. Bongolese!

NO!

LINE!

5. I gave it this score because I like it half as much as the original, which I gave a 10. See what I did there?

I pretty much find this unlistenable. Especially compared to 1. the studio version and 2. the live versions. U2 definitely made the right call w/ this song.

This was the first version of this song I heard, and I was a little worried, especially after Boots. Then I heard the infinitely superior album version, and all was right with the world.

It gets a 7 just because of its lineage, but it's not in the same universe as the real thing.

:rockon: :fuckyeah:

I think most people on here already know my opinion on this song. :wink: Solid 10. Fuckin' LOVEd it since the moment I first heard it on RTE2. And yes. The record has increased. I don't even want to know how many listens I have now, but it probably passed 1200 already.

The hyperbole on this one, both ways, when it came out was ridiculous. It's a lot of fun, so it gets a 7, but no way was it worth including on the album over NLOTH 1. It's just not finished.

5. I gave it this score because I like it half as much as the original, which I gave a 10. See what I did there?

I did the exact same thing.

I liked this version a lot, but since hearing the album version, I've only listened to it probably three or four times. I just don't ever really feel the need to listen to a lesser version of a song.

I think that this could have potentially been really cool, but it was not quite finished. I like the album version a lot more.

Would have been my favorite song on the album had it been on the album copy I purchased. In my opinion, this is the best thing U2 has done since Pop.

They definitely chose the right version to put on the album! But it's still very good, the abscence of Eno's keyboards is huge but the pace and fun aspects of this version are still worth of praise.
The best performance of NLOTH I think, is from the BBC special on the album with Lauren laverne, Bono's voice is out of this world, as is the crashing symphony at the end!

Back
Top Bottom