Rate the Song: Mofo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe the best example of a Pop song being enhanced dramatically live. 9 (mostly for the live version being kick-ass alone).

That would really be missing the point though...

It's a play on words. Rock n Roll has now become the teet to which he's sucking off of...

Hmmm, yeah, I never really thought of it that way. Interesting. I always assumed they just censored it for whatever reason. Didn't want to use that word multiple times in one song, for fear of getting a PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker or something? (And I know they use the word "fuck" later on in this same album, but that's just the one time.)

Is that just an interpretation or is there a quote anywhere where Bono actually mentions the "rock and roll is now the teet he's sucking off of" thing? It makes sense in the context of the song, but I'd never heard of it before.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Hmmm, yeah, I never really thought of it that way. Interesting. I always assumed they just censored it for whatever reason. Didn't want to use that word multiple times in one song, for fear of getting a PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker or something? (And I know they use the word "fuck" later on in this same album, but that's just the one time.)

Is that just an interpretation or is there a quote anywhere where Bono actually mentions the "rock and roll is now the teet he's sucking off of" thing? It makes sense in the context of the song, but I'd never heard of it before.

Yeah, but it's been a long time and I'm on a phone so I'm not about to search for it right now. I'll try and look this weekend.

He does say at one point mothersucking, fuckin`rock and roll (whispering the latter part). It's the last delivery of that line.

Back
Top Bottom