Rate the Song: Love You Like Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love You Like Mad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It is the very last stretch of this competition. Today, we begin voting on the first of three (planned) rounds of 2000s non-album songs. The list I am looking at right now is:

Stateless
Summer Rain
Always
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Big Girls are Best
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America
Native Son
Xanax and Wine
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
Window in the Skies
Soon
Winter
Mercy

That is seventeen songs. If I missed anything, please let me know. Also, remember that The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Fast Cars, and No Line On The Horizon 2 are all considered 2000s non-album songs, but have had their rounds earlier. Today we will vote on the first six songs, Stateless through Smile.

Please rate Love You Like Mad on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4cEPonoq5c

Liked it quite a bit when it came out in 2004, but not one I come back to a whole lot lately. The chorus and verses are alright, but you can tell this was one song where they didn't quite finish it in the end. 6.

Man this reminds me how much I miss the 90s bsides. Just the same old generic 00's stuff here. Can't give more than a 6.

It would have made a decent b-side but no more than that. It's easily forgotten and a bit cheesy, not like the U2 b-sides of the past which if you added them together in a cohesive form would possibly make U2's third masterpiece.

never really liked it myself, as a b-side it wouldn't have added much to a single and personally i think it was perfectly fine left as it was. unreleased :wink:

Back
Top Bottom