Rate the Song: Love Rescue Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LRM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And now we shall rate the first half of Rattle and Hum.

Please rate Love Rescue Me on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

A 6. It's a good song, but I don't listen to it that much as it has to suit my mood. As with a lot of songs from this era, it goes on too long for my liking as well.

Gets a 5 from me, but it's nice to see it's no longer as maligned around here as it once was. Must have been pretty special to be at the Sydney/Perth shows it showed up at in 2010.

Decent song, a proper song the in the traditional form. A little over long and rambling maybe, but great lyrics and vocals.

I love this one! Cool lyrics, great (but simple) tune. Heartfelt vocals from prime Bono.

These R&H studio cuts are really a bit different from everything else they did, in that several of the songs are driven by conventional chords and chord progressions -- this song being a good example.

I have to rate this a solid 9 ;);) I really love this song
I was there in Sydney when thay played it & I'm shure I nearly had a heart attack, lol. I'm so pleased to say I have a really bad video of it I took my self on my old phone.
I was videoing the end of AIWIY for a friend, & B started singing Inxs & then all of a sudden broke into this. I thought it was just a snipt but we got the whole song (mistakes & all), I can here my self gasp in shock at the start of the song, I had to hand my phone to my daughter so I could enjoy it :):):)

I loved it & it brought a tear to my eye, I'm very proud to say I've seen it live, so now it holds a special place in my heart ;).

Almost too long, but it's a good song that never grew on me. Would have loved to see it at the U2360 shows it appeared on. Giving it a 5. :shrug:

It sounds like are U2 trying out some country tones and themes in this song. I like the lyrics and the overall song so I give it 7.

Back
Top Bottom