Rate the Song: Love and Peace or Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lapoe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Hello, hello… today we move onto voting for the first half of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

Please rate Love and Peace or Else on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Yet another average, it's "not bad but not great" song on a "not bad but not great" album. They can do better than this, and this subject matter from them has been covered much more effectively elsewhere, and has gotten tired by this point.

Another 5 or 6 at best because parts of it are somewhat more interesting than the rest of the record.

4. i actually dropped it from my alternative HTDAAB playlist. it was actually cool as an alternative opener in the first Chicago show of the Vertigo Tour and was fun live, but it doesn't save the song from being mediocre at best.

I never got into the album version so much. But it was pretty killer live. For that reason alone, I bump it from a 5 to a 6.

Like it, and it was fun live. With Bono's arythmic tom banging. :wink:

I just wish they had dropped the "Or Else" from the title.

Man. Probably haven't sat down and listened to this song in something like three years. Not feeling it. Liked it a lot more when I first heard it.

Not a bad song by any means (there are some cool moments) but also a bit...forgettable at this point. For me, at least.

Of the two U2 songs with the word "Peace" in the title, I'll take the one on ATYCLB. That one seems to have a bit more depth to it.

Sometimes I really hate this song, and then I listen to it and realize it's not that bad.

I did enjoy it live.

LAPOE has grown on me, but not at a full extent. It's a good song, but I easily consider it my least favorite track on HTDAAB. Mixed feelings, as I tend to like it more on some days than others. 5.

Even in 2004, this track stood out to me as a little bit different. I might be in the minority here, but I feel like this song sort of contains the atmospherics that a few others on HTDAAB are lacking. I'd love to swap this song onto NLOTH and throw SUC into place on HTDAAB. I dunno :shrug: I just say things sometimes.

I love the production. That just about makes up for the song being merely average. Definitely one of the only songs on the album that I don't feel Lillywhite was on cruise control for. 7.

I love the production. That just about makes up for the song being merely average. Definitely one of the only songs on the album that I don't feel Lillywhite was on cruise control for. 7.

That's because Lillywhite didn't produce LAPOE. It was an Eno/Lanois production.

Easily one of my favorites. When I first bought the album and skipped through the songs, this was the first song that had stuck out to me. 10.

We need love and peace... :heart:

The first minute or so is incredible, dirty, throbbing bulid up, I was expecting a Led Zep type sexy, sleazy rocker, but didn't really develop into that.
That said, it has some really great moments but doesn't really get where it needs to go, it isn't the bullet the blue sky it should have been. I also don't like the title that much.

8. Really cool rocker here, but the production is absolutely horrible. All the versions I've found are of extremely mediocre quality. In my opinion, this is produced way worse than All Because of You.

The first minute or so is incredible, dirty, throbbing bulid up, I was expecting a Led Zep type sexy, sleazy rocker, but didn't really develop into that.
That said, it has some really great moments but doesn't really get where it needs to go, it isn't the bullet the blue sky it should have been. I also don't like the title that much.

My thoughts exactly. It also led into the most boring part of U2's live history, Bullet / Hands That Built America / Johnny Comes Marching Home

Back
Top Bottom