Rate the Song: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krazy Tonite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It is hard to believe, but we are now moving onto the first round of voting for U2's latest album, No Line on the Horizon.

Please rate Crazy Tonight on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Maybe the only cringe-worthy moment in U2's outstanding studio canon (along with, "Okay Edge, play the blues!" and some of Bono's early haircuts).

Just below mediocre, with inane lyrics and completely inappropriate pandering. The much-celebrated live version isn't much better.

I voted it a 3, but it's really not that bad and probably just short of being a 5.

I'm a fan. It's good stuff, mainly because the Blackberry commercial was one of the first things that resparked my interest in the band (yes, newer fan here). The remix was good, but I think the studio version is way better.

It doesn't deserve the bad rap it gets, in my opinion. But maybe my opinion is a little nuts. :sexywink: 9.

I like the album version. The WTF? looks from the casual fans during the 360 tour amused me greatly. I quite enjoyed it live myself, especially because it got Larry out from behind that drum kit! :wink:

5, I love it on the album but it gets docked many points because I HATED the live version. Seriously. How did everyone like it? I never understood it. :doh:

Because it felt like the song finally got the kick in the ass it deserved instead of being the average song it was. :)

Loved it live. Never got into the album version. Always felt it was U2 playing it safe. I know I called it a "poor man's Walk On" in another thread, though some have pointed out that description might be better suited for Unknown Caller.

Album version would probably get a 4. Live might get it an 8 or 7. Since we're leaning towards the album version here, I'll give it a 5 for now.

I don't think I've ever heard U2 sound more desperate for a radio hit. It's obvious they worked it to death, and it never really delivers on any level. I'm giving a 3 because I can just about tolerate it, and that's the nicest thing I can say about it.

I feel it's very misunderstood in here...
Who cares what it is intended to be when it sucks?

At first I liked it quite a bit but it's gone downhill from there. Too much cheese for me to handle. 3

I actually don't mind the album version. It's not great, and the remix gets about an eleventy-billion on the ratings scale for me, but it's .... nice.

My favorite song on No Line On The Horizon. It's just perfect. I really loved hearing the U2360 remix at my show, it was just an amazing re-invention, full of energy. 10.

Well the verses are pretty crap. But in spite of all the shit this song has copped over the years since its release, I still love the chorus to death. And the "baby, baby, baby" bit I like as well.

The live version was fucking awesome. In fact Vertigo>Crazy>COBL (was that how it went?) was just about the highlight of every show.

I've tried hard to like it, but ultimately it does such, it doesn't succeed on any level for me and it's inclusion on the album(though moreso with SUC) definietly detracts from it's oerall quality.
Much better live, but I'm basing the score on the studio cut.

Back
Top Bottom