Rate the Song: If God Will Send His Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IGWSHA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's now begin voting on the first half of what is perhaps U2's most controversial album, Pop.

Please rate If God Will Send His Angels on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

For a very long time this was my least favourite U2 song, but I grew to like it, though never really loved it.

Nice enough but it stands out as one of the weaker songs on Pop. I still like it though. 7

The guitar is so Edge that it hurts, the lyrics have a few lapses in judgement (more of which later) but are interesting, and the melody and chorus are fantastic. Doesn't quite overcome its mid-tempo genre limitations, but a noble effort and a much-needed easy on the ears kind of tune on Pop.

Beautiful song, love it. Once again, Adam's bass and Bono's vocals win for me. 8. Has grown on me tremendously.

I like to bump this song 'round Christmas time. Gorgeous. That weird, quiet, mysterious intro. Big chorus. As with the large majority of this particular album, the lyrics are great.

I thought this song would SOAR in a live setting, especially the City of Angels version (agree that it's better). Instead, this song crashed and burned spectacularly on opening night, and was never tried again. Eno had a bet with Bono that this would be U2's biggest hit. I wonder if he ever paid up on that one?

Great song, deserved more.

I know they didn't have much time to prepare for Popmart opening night, but WHY did they think that arrangement would sound good?

I thought that was Stuck? Or did Eno decide to double or nothing in 2000?

Eno did in fact say that about Stuck, but I thought a similar bet was placed for IGWSHA? Would've been during the Zooropa sessions when they were working on it with Eno probably.

Somebody back me up here?

Eno did in fact say that about Stuck, but I thought a similar bet was placed for IGWSHA? Would've been during the Zooropa sessions when they were working on it with Eno probably.

Somebody back me up here?

could be, would be interested to see the quote/story sometime if it is true. I was hoping we'd get to hear some of that material with the AB box set since it included Zooropa, but maybe we'll get some of that with a Pop remaster.

Back
Top Bottom