Rate the Song: Holy Joe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's continue today with the second round of voting on 90s non-album songs. The whole list is:

Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Viva Davidoff
Holy Joe
North and South of the River
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (new version)
Blow Your House Down
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

This round will have the second set of six songs, Viva Davidoff through the new version of Sweetest Thing.

Please rate Holy Joe on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

A little rough around the edges, but the groove is fantastic. I actually like it more than Discotheque. 8

Garage Mix is a 10. Dunno why it hasn't been used on any release. It's just as good as any of their 2000s material.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I think the Garage Mix should've been on Pop.

I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE

:hyper:

Holy Joe (Guilty Mix) gets an 8. How can you go wrong with the lyrics 'Expialidocious, yeah yeah yeah...' Can't say that I've heard the Garage Mix, I may have. I'm not sure.

I'm not sure why there's all this preference for the Garage mix. Yeah, it sounds cool, but the Guilty mix fits better with the musical direction they were taking on Pop, and has that dizzy quality, and the sense that any sound could come in at any time.

A really fun track.

Very good song, i loved the performance of it at K-Mart. Better than some songs from Pop.
I'm happy with either mix.

good solid track. one of their last actually decent B-sides in my opinion.

This song has never done anything for me.

himymshocked.gif

shockedanddisgustednedface.gif

Oh, come now. My opinion is not nearly controversial enough to be so gif-worthy. Not on such a second-rate song.

Oh I know, just having a little fun posting a few "shocked" gifs. :D Now, saying something like "Holy Joe is the worst song ever. I wish I could destroy every single copy of it", that's definitely gif worthy.

This song has never done anything for me.

Oh, so when you were unemployed and it offered you a position at the community centre, that was nothing? Or when you were short on rent and it lent you the $50 you needed ($50 you still haven't paid back), that was nothing? Or the time your last pair of socks got wet when you were camping and it wore the same socks 2 days in a row just so you wouldn't have soggy feet, that was nothing? For shame, cori... For shame

i used to get laid to this song a lot back in the orient. I was a spy, wearing a big black coat and sunglasses on dark days, drinking from a paper bag while milling around in the village marketplaces. Which was my ruse and cover. I never knew where i would wake up the next day, proper, or if i would at all. That was the excitement of it all. a word to the wise, never put a smoking gun down your pants as you step out of the alley way....here it comes...here it comes....holy joe.

Oh, so when you were unemployed and it offered you a position at the community centre, that was nothing? Or when you were short on rent and it lent you the $50 you needed ($50 you still haven't paid back), that was nothing? Or the time your last pair of socks got wet when you were camping and it wore the same socks 2 days in a row just so you wouldn't have soggy feet, that was nothing? For shame, cori... For shame

This Holy Joe sounds like a real sanctimonious jerk.

Fucking do-gooder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom