Rate the Song: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMTMKMKM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
We're really moving along! Today, let's begin voting on 90s non-album tracks. The following tracks shall be included:

Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Viva Davidoff
Holy Joe
North and South of the River
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (new version)
Blow Your House Down
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

This round will have the first six songs, Alex Descends through Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Please rate Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

great stuff. imagine if it had been finished in time for Zooropa. i always replace Babyface with this song. it fits perfectly as the #2 track on Zooropa.

nananananananana BAT MANNNNNNN

:love:

Great, great soundtrack, love the guitar effects and holy fuck, seeing it live last year? Blew my brains out!!!

As evidenced by the fact that it's one of the few "B-Sides" they will play on tour, it's one of the best, and certainly most notable of the 90's-era non-album tracks, especially considering the awful movie it's associated with.

Great riff, and an unusually ballsy, exciting track. On the other hand, very murky and bad production job limits the enjoyment of the recording. The lyrics are not my cup of tea, and in general this track begins a period of U2 that I personally find a bit off (still good, but something goes a bit awry). I dunno, I'd probably score this about a 7, but that might even be generous.

macbat.jpg

Bono's orgasmic howls were not really necessary, but excellent track nonetheless. The groove reminds me of Children Of The Revolution, which is definitely a plus point. I think the Batman connection has tainted this song. Had it been an album track on Zooropa (fuck off Babyface, fuck off Some Days) both the song and album would have mutually benefited. 9

HMTMKMKM has always sounded like a more modern version of Suffragette City to me.

Great riff, and an unusually ballsy, exciting track. On the other hand, very murky and bad production job limits the enjoyment of the recording. The lyrics are not my cup of tea, and in general this track begins a period of U2 that I personally find a bit off (still good, but something goes a bit awry). I dunno, I'd probably score this about a 7, but that might even be generous.

Why so serious?

Sorry, someone had to say it.

I got hooked on this song from the Popmart DVD (hell, that DVD turned me on to most of the 90s U2 catalog), and was FLOORED when the lads launched into this in Chicago.

Not sure why some people seem to think this should have been on Zooropa. This song is cocky glam rock, which has nothing in common with the the slippery, spacy, european sound of that album.

Perhaps some thing Zooropa could have used some more crunch but I think it would have stuck out like a sore thumb. It may be a better song than Babyface or Some Days, but it doesn't fit on the album more than those two.

Now one could make a case for it being on Pop; that would make more sense considering how schizophrenic that album is.

Not sure why some people seem to think this should have been on Zooropa. This song is cocky glam rock, which has nothing in common with the the slippery, spacy, european sound of that album.

Perhaps some thing Zooropa could have used some more crunch but I think it would have stuck out like a sore thumb. It may be a better song than Babyface or Some Days, but it doesn't fit on the album more than those two.

Now one could make a case for it being on Pop; that would make more sense considering how schizophrenic that album is.

It would have fitted great on Pop, and maybe would have made the album a bigger hit. HMTMKMKM was produced bt Nellie Hooper I think, it's a shame he didn't produce Pop, he ws supposed too, would have been better than Howie B.

:lol:

you guys are going to kill me but this song gets my only ever ZERO

i think it's seriously CRAP!!! not to mention ASTONISHINGLY OVERRATED!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom