Rate the Song: Heartland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heartland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
This set of polls is over the second half of Rattle and Hum.

Please rate Heartland on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Beautifuly evocative. These four Irish lads capture the plaintive soul of America's Heartland in a way that Mellencamp and Springsteen aspire to by rarely touch. Often chill inducing. Heaven knows this one's a wide open 9.

Rattle and Hum is a great F*****G, underrated album

A song I should listen to more often. I'd forgotten how good it was. 10

Best song on Rattle and Hum and the only one worthy of a 10.

9/10. I'm not a great fan of they lyric, but the music is great. One of their most successful mood songs. I wish they had more like it.

Beaytiful song, gets to the core of what I think they wanted to discover about America, shame the movie didn't do the same.
Great lyrics .8

A ten from me. The chorus is positively heartwarming.

Beautifuly evocative. These four Irish lads capture the plaintive soul of America's Heartland in a way that Mellencamp and Springsteen aspire to by rarely touch. Often chill inducing. Heaven knows this one's a wide open 9.

What? Springsteen's touched that plenty of times, and that's just on Born to Run alone.

And no, it's not.

Originally Posted by Nick66

What? Springsteen's touched that plenty of times, and that's just on Born to Run alone.

And no, it's not.

Well, of course you're free to disagree. These are just opinions, and all this is debatable! :)

Don't really care for this one. It's pretty, but as with most songs from this era, too long for my liking. I get bored easily. 6.

Back
Top Bottom