Rate the Song: Get on Your Boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sexy Boots

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unbelievably bad choice for a lead-off single.

it will always go down as a massive flop worldwide as a lead single!

it clearly should not have been the lead off single.

it worked better as an album track than a single.

bad choice for a single.

terrible lead single

It's a terrible lead single

Terrible choice for a lead single

Terrible choice for lead single.

It fucking sucked as a lead single.

Do I hear an echo?

Not exactly the reaction a lead single should elicit.

Ya think? :)

It fucking sucked as a lead single. I wept for weeks until NLOTH's title track brought me back from the brink.

It would be a 6, but I'll give an extra point for the 'Let me in the sound' bit, which was the only standout part of the track for me.

Live it was actually pretty fun, plus they should've added the extended intro to the album version, much better lead in that way.

anything over a 3 at best is generous for me.

absolute car crash of a song that just sounds like they tried to keep going with the Elevation/Vertigo/ABOY/whatever trend they thought would keep them looking young to the mainstream audience Bono's so worried about pleasing past the age of 50. :lol:

in my opinion it shouldn't even be ON No Line On The Horizon, let alone the LEAD SINGLE :huh: it still boggles the mind to be honest and it just feels like they panicked and slapped this god awful song in the middle of what's actually their best album in a decade simply because they worried it was too different and needed a 'big' single.

they shouldn't have done that and as some people might agree, the album suffers for it both musically with this wart in the middle of it, and also in terms of people put off giving it a listen because they're put off by the single. There are MANY bands where you shouldn't dismiss an album based on its singles but sadly that's the way it works with a lot of people and hopefully U2 will just have the balls not to feel they have to make crap like this which just swerves people away from an album of actually GOOD songs. :doh:

that said it sounds alright live - i don't enjoy the song (actually I HATE it) but there's no doubting it gets people going at a gig and tens of thousands of people in a stadium enjoying it can't be wrong can they? nor will I tell them they are :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom