Rate the Song: Disappearing Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Disappearing Act

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It seems that Interference would like a rather extensive list of TUF-R&H non-album songs, and today we'll rank the first nine on the list. The full list is:

Disappearing Act
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Bass Trap
Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
Boomerang I
Boomerang II
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Walk to the Water
Spanish Eyes
Silver and Gold
Drunk Chicken/America
Sweetest Thing (original version)
Wave of Sorrow (Birdland)
Hallelujah Here She Comes
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
She's a Mystery To Me

Please rate Disappearing Act on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Probably the weakest of TUF fire era b-sides (excepting Boomerang I), possibly because it's not really a TUF era b-side. Bono's vocals not the strongest for obvious reasons, but the song has its moments.

This track has 6 written all over it, and the vocals bring it down, but because the music is good and it's origins are from TUF, today it gets a 7.

It seems like a song that was made during the TUF era overdubbed with Bono's vocals today. That was a horrible idea. 5.

Correction to my above comment - It is a song that was made during the TUF era overdubbed with Bono's vocals today, which was a horrible idea. 5. :tsk:

I love the piano at the end, and I don't mind the vocals at all, I think they're good and work pretty well with the music despite being an overdub of the old music. The rest of the song feels slightly monotonous and doesn't feel complete, but still a good tune. 7.

Good song, though easily not the best of all non-album tracks during this era. Gets a 7 from me.

Didn't realize this song was so hated amongst interference! I absolutely LOVE IT! I can relate to the lyrics so well. I wish U2 would still record MUSIC like this (vocals are just what they are, Bono in 2009).

I actually really like this one as well. Musically I feel like it's the strongest of the 1980s reissues (comparing it solely with Saturday Night, Angels Too Tied to the Ground, and Birdland).

I was generous in giving in a 6. Would rather have seen "Race Against Time", the U2/Robbie Robertson tracks or even the cover versions in the poll instead of this track (which isn't REALLY and 80's song IMHO)

I was generous in giving in a 6. Would rather have seen "Race Against Time", the U2/Robbie Robertson tracks or even the cover versions in the poll instead of this track (which isn't REALLY and 80's song IMHO)

I'll take that into consideration - I'm contemplating adding more songs in and doing a third round of voting for this set of non-album songs.

My favourite of all the "new" b-side songs released with the re-issues. The melody in Bono's singing is beautiful, as is Edge's handywork.

It seems like a song that was made during the TUF era overdubbed with Bono's vocals today. That was a horrible idea. 5.

Correction to my above comment - It is a song that was made during the TUF era overdubbed with Bono's vocals today, which was a horrible idea. 5. :tsk:

These. Though I like the chorus and the music. Bono's "new" verses could just go bye-bye in my opinion.

6. I think I'm being generous for them tampering with what could've been a great instrumental (not everything has to have vocals, Bono!). Love Larry's work on this one. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom