Rate the Song: Desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And now we shall rate the first half of Rattle and Hum.

Please rate Desire on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Another 7 for me. It's a fun song, and it was a good single, but asides from that it's not too special.

If we're talking ZooTv arrangement though, that would be a 9. :drool: That dirty guitar.

8. Fun, kicking beat. Good guitar. Easy to play, but another one that's fun to play. Still lacks a little something, though. Maybe it's a little too short (but that's also part of its charm).

I really don't like the acoustic version, though. It really works best on an electric guitar.

8.5, but let's round it down for overexposure and a general lack of substance. Great, great beat though, and I always dig some harmonica. Bono's surprisingly decent.

I was thinking between giving it an 8 or a 9. It's a great tune, it's fun and I love the harmonica.

In the Rattle & Hum movie it's certainly a 10 :)drool:), but I have to admit it's quite simple and maybe a bit overrated in the general public, so I gave it an 8.

"You know what? You're fuckin beautiful!"

- one of my favorite live Bono moments

Also, I hate it when they do this song acoustic/bstage. Full out is the only way to go with this tune.

"You know what? You're fuckin beautiful!"

- one of my favorite live Bono moments

Also, I hate it when they do this song acoustic/bstage. Full out is the only way to go with this tune.

Great Bono line that one!

I agree about the acoustic thing as well, the Lovetown version with the "so you wanna be in a rock and roll band" ending was by far the best, maybe Edge's best ever guitar solo too. Zoo TV version gets an honourable mention too, especially MacPhisto singing in his Pall Mall drinking club accent"and the fever when I'm inside he".

Thrilling as hell, coming in at 2.52 or something this song blows me away.

I gave it a 9, but only for the full band version. I don't like it done acoustically.

Tied with Angel of Harlem as my favorites on Rattle & Hum, to be honest. Love it all the way through. So good. Giving it an 8.

Love this song, but the one song that really sounded cool on R&H they took and ran with, thus playing it to death. It's awesome live, acoustic or not, but it's over played and it gets a 7 from me.

Back
Top Bottom