Rate the Song: Bass Trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bass Trap

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It seems that Interference would like a rather extensive list of TUF-R&H non-album songs, and today we'll rank the first nine on the list. The full list is:

Disappearing Act
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Bass Trap
Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
Boomerang I
Boomerang II
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Walk to the Water
Spanish Eyes
Silver and Gold
Drunk Chicken/America
Sweetest Thing (original version)
Wave of Sorrow (Birdland)
Hallelujah Here She Comes
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
She's a Mystery To Me

Please rate Bass Trap on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Best B-side of the UF-era. Beautiful, bright and like nothing U2 has made before nor after (ok, Near The Island from the AB-sessions is somewhat similar in style but still totally different). Feels like a song that would've worked great as a hidden track on TUF after MLK (or perhaps as a hidden track after COL on NLOTH :hmm:).

Anyway, gorgeous song. Love it. 9 :heart:

Incredibly beautiful, though not one of my favorites, and one that I had never heard before. Sure that it will grow on me. Giving it a 7.

Unspeakable that anyone would give this less than a 7. It's not a song, but a lot of fully-formed songs with a traditional structure blow hard. This is utterly sublime, suitable for so many moods. 9.

My wife is a massage therapist, and this is on her playlist that she uses when massages clients. It's absolutely perfect, especially the slightly longer version!

I had to listen to it to remember how it went, but yeah, I think this is probably the most beautiful piece of music they did up until Beach Sequence. 9. What I wouldn't give to hear them do this these days.

I think the highest compliment I can pay this song is that it could very easily slip onto Another Green World.

The people who gave the song higher ratings gave far more vivid, enlightening reasonings for their rating, so I'm assuming they were probably high, yes.

This song is somewhat lacking in the listen-ability department, however in a spur of the moment glance I realized I gave this 6 when in fact I meant to give it a 4. Sue me.

This song is somewhat lacking in the listen-ability department, however in a spur of the moment glance I realized I gave this 6 when in fact I meant to give it a 4. Sue me.

Do you want me to change it?

This is numbers we're talking about. The man who decided to take a shit on Kite after someone mentioned how close it was to their heart. You can't expect him to have any class.

My wife is a massage therapist, and this is on her playlist that she uses when massages clients. It's absolutely perfect, especially the slightly longer version!

I think this is my fundamental problem with this song - it just sounds like something you'd hear at a massage parlour. Not in a good way, not in a bad way, it just doesn't really exist for me. I hold no good or ill will towards it. As much of a 5 as I can possibly muster.

The Sad Punk said:
I think this is my fundamental problem with this song - it just sounds like something you'd hear at a massage parlour. Not in a good way, not in a bad way, it just doesn't really exist for me. I hold no good or ill will towards it. As much of a 5 as I can possibly muster.

I like the idea of you really mustering a 5.

9. Very beautiful. I remember I was driving back with my mother after we'd had dinner one night and we drove by this lake and the moon was shining really bright and beautifully. It was reflecting incredibly bright and beautifully on the lake. I had Bass Trap playing in the car at that moment. I had to stop for a moment and grab my camera out of the back seat and take a photo of the moon and it's reflection on the lake. With Bass Trap playing so elegantly with the moonlight it really made the moment memorable for me. My photos came out a little blurry but I still enjoy looking at them with that memory in my mind. Just thought I'd share. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom