Rate The Song: An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall begin the bulk of the Rate The Song series by evaluating the first half of Boy, excluding I Will Follow.

Please rate An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close 96 hours from when it was posted.

Note: I know that some people view An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart as separate songs. I nearly separated them for the point of polling. However, I decided in the end to keep them together, treating them as one song spread over two tracks on the album, partially due to the fact that different pressings have different starting and ending times for the two tracks.

An Cat Dubh - 9
Into the Heart - 8

Together, however, they benefit each other so strongly that I'm giving it a 10.

I gave it/them a 10. An Cat Dubh is delicious and I think Into the Heart is pretty gorgeous. Fantastic little section of a brilliant album.

An Cat Dubh - 6
Into The Heart - 6

An Cat Dubh is one of the songs on Boy that I've started to like. It's not the strongest, nor weakest track on Boy, but it's pretty good. I wish it was performed at a slightly faster tempo, though.

Into The Heart is pretty good as well, though I've tried many times to listen to the song in full, and today was the first time I could. It starts off slow, but it gets really good when the drums kick in. Beautiful track, though.

This song was so good live in the early days. It was almost a shame they brought it back in 2005, because they really f***ed it up!

An Cat Dubh - 6, :shrug:

Into The Heart - 10, this is such a beautiful song. It may be simple but there is just something about it that makes it amazing.

So in total it gets an 8 from me.

8, really like this combo. I enjoyed it on Vertigo, but nothing beats the faster early 80's versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom