Rate the Song: All I Want Is You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AIWIY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
This set of polls is over the second half of Rattle and Hum.

Please rate All I Want Is You on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

I consider a 9 a really, really great song. I've been trying to deflate my scores this time, giving far fewer 10s than I have in the past. As a result, my 9s are still given to songs that are really special to me, and among my favorite songs ever. I think I've even given some 8s that were borderline 10-quality in the past for me. I'm just really trying to use more of the scale to help differentiate between songs with even relatively small differences in quality.

I consider a 9 a really, really great song. I've been trying to deflate my scores this time, giving far fewer 10s than I have in the past. As a result, my 9s are still given to songs that are really special to me, and among my favorite songs ever. I think I've even given some 8s that were borderline 10-quality in the past for me. I'm just really trying to use more of the scale to help differentiate between songs with even relatively small differences in quality.

Pretty much the criteria I'm using.

This is my way of scoring. 10 translates to the best songs they've done. A 9 is still an absolutely stunning song.

That said, All I Want Is You gets a 9. Brilliant ballad.

Almost gave it a 9 for being too lengthy, but just couldn't bring myself to give it less than a 10. Too much sentimental attachment to this song for me.

I think this ends up being my favorite on Rattle & Hum. Love, love, love. So amazing, hope to hear this live someday. This gets a 10.

Flawless. Great lyric, perfect build, superb vocal, and the outro arrangement is beautiful. And the solo is awesome.

All I Want Is You is kind of stomping the crap out of the rest of R&H right now, and it actually does, so awesome.

10. It's pretty damn brilliant, never been able to achieve the studio version's effect on me live. The strings add so nicely.

Back
Top Bottom