Rate The Song: A Day Without Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: A Day Without Me

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall finish rating Boy, after the poll for I Will Follow has closed. After these polls close, I will release stats on just Boy.

Please rate A Day Without Me on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun!

A Day Without Me has become one of my favorites on Boy. It's taken me a while to like this song. It's not the best, but it's not bad. I cringe when I hear that high-pitched 'Pum, pum, pum' or something like that. Least favorite part of the song. :wink:

I give it a 7. Good tune.

I cringe when I hear that high-pitched 'Pum, pum, pum' or something like that. Least favorite part of the song. :wink:
You're referring to the guitar-echo? I dunno, I think that really helps the song. Have you heard the 1979 demo? The echo is really minimal, so you might like it better (although I personally think the Lillywhite track pisses all over it). I give this track a 7 overall, I guess.

Interesting note: This is actually the first single from Boy.

The beginning is awful - You can definitely tell which era this song was from just listening to those few seconds. But that is the only thing wrong with this song IMO, but overall the rest of the song is really good, and has good lyrics.

I give it an 7.

Dated as hell, but so joyful and infectious (amusing when you consider the subject matter) that I can't give this less than, say, an 8. Soooo much fun.

I gave it an 8, live it gets a 10, it's combination with I threw a brick live is one of the greatest pieces U2 have ever played.

It may be described as dated, but at least it sounds like a time in history I want to be reminded of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom