Rate "The First Time" What do you think of it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate "The First Time"

• 10 - A masterpiece, I love this song

Votes: 7 11.5%

Votes: 9 14.8%

Votes: 15 24.6%

Votes: 11 18.0%

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • 5 - I like the song, but I'm not crazy about it

Votes: 8 13.1%

Votes: 2 3.3%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 1 - hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was listening to this song today on mp3, so it was isolated from Zooropa. I think it's a beautiful song, so simple and haunting. I also thought it was really awesome that the band choose to include it in The Best of 90-00, clearly they think it's a very respectable song to. But I don't know, maybe some of you think it clashes too much with the rest of Zooropa. Your thoughts? Rate it!

My response to this song is somewhere between liking and loving. Obviously, someone in the band (clearly Bono) loves this song, since it's not only on the Best Of (a surprise to many) but also on the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. A lot has been written about the lyrics, including on this site. It's a song that merits exploration, especially lyrically (but that's hardly an original thought!)

I think it's boring, really, and there were so many songs more deserving of a place on the Best Of, such as Lemon, Please, or Love Is Blindness.

I really like it I kind of discovered it on the best of and it has kind of grown on me. I thought eventhough the million dollar hotel was shall we say uneven that the opening tracking shot of LA and the roof of the million dollar hotel was so beautiful and the song was perfect for it.

Ah gave it a 6. It's a nice song and all, but compared to the very best that U2 has to offer, it doesn't really stand up, in my opinion.

Definitely a good one. I gave it a 8, but probably should have given it a 9. It's a personal fav.

I like it. It's not one of my very top favourites, but I find it ... intriguing. For the lyrics, mainly, but it's a very gentle song in any case, and I like that.

Back
Top Bottom