Rate October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. I was just thinking about this as I was answering another post (about songs most U2 fans dislike but you love) and I realised there is just not one song on October that I don't love.

Definite 10/10 for me

It's not their strongest album but I suppose a sentimental favourite for me. :)

Report Card -

Name: October
Grade: B-
Comments: October need to apply himself more. Merley regurgitating similar work as to last semester will not serve his long term studying future well. I suggest also more time is spent in preperation for important assessments. Also try to keep a hold of notes taken down, these tend to come in handy.
Will do better next time.:wink:

Last edited:
A great album, tho of the 1st 2, I prefer Boy.
'Fire' has never been a great fave. of mine i'm afraid. But 'Rejoice'is amazing.
As is 'Tomorrow'....:drool:

9/10

I'd give October 8.5/10. It's definitely one of my favourites, and a must-have for any U2 fan!

10/10. Second genuinely LOVED U2 album after I discovered them via the 'Joshua Tree'.

8/10. A strong first half, diminishes after October the song. I can't remember the last time I listened to the last four tracks.

Question: When did With a Shout get renamed to With a Shout (Jerusalem)? My copy of the CD only lists the song as With a Shout.

Great album with a weak ending(Stranger in a Strange Land is baaaaad...). 8/10. I think it's better than Boy, because it includes Tomorrow - one of the first U2 masterpieces.

timothius said:
Also try to keep a hold of notes taken down, these tend to come in handy.
Will do better next time.:wink:

:lmao:

Great album! Such fury in the guitars and drums! Powerful vocals too!

REJOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** (4/5)

Tommorow and Scarlet are just sensational.....

Gloria, Fire, Rejoice, I threw a brick..., October, With a shout..... man those are all great songs....

this album really deserves a 4/5.

An album with a lot of good ideas but they all went the wrong way. I love "Fire", one of my favorites of U2 and I like "Gloria" until the latin then they just lose me and its ashame because it could have been a great song to me. I see how people can say its a retread of Boy but I see it as being much more atmospheric, it bridges the gap between Boy and UF. Though I feel that is a bridge they should not have crossed. October is very hit or miss and it missed a lot. - 2.7 out of 5

Last edited:
01. October
02. Rejoice
03. Gloria
04. Fire
05. I Fall Down
06. Is That All?
07. Tomorrow
08. Stranger In A Strange Land
09. With A Shout
10. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
11. Scarlet

:|

I'll give October a 8.5/10.
Scarlet is a bit :huh: but the rest is great

My list:
1 I threw a brick through a window
2 Rejoice
3 October
4 Tomorrow
5 Fire
6 Gloria
7 With a shout
8 I fall down
9 Stranger in a strange land
10 Is that all?
11 Scarlet

(My 100th Post!!!)

1. Rejoice
2. Gloria
3. Tomorrow
4. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
5. October
6. Is That All ?
7. Scarlet
8. Fire
9. With A Shout
10. Stranger In A Strange Land
11. I Fall Down

I'll always love this album.

I know that much better work was ahead of them, but, for a rushed 2nd album, this is pretty damn good stuff.

It's all about The Edge, to me, the guitar on this album always haunts me after a listen. I know that Is That All's beginning is basically the beginning to The Electric Co., but, Edge's solo on that song gives me the chills. Just sounds like a sonic roller coaster ride, I love it.

MumblingBono said:
Sentimental favorite for me. Quite spooky. Best played as a cassette on a 1980's model boombox and no Dolby NR.

8.5/10

haha that's how i used to play my copy too... still thinking about whether to updrade to cd

:drool: to scarlet ... totally reminds me of joy division's 'atmosphere' (a good thing)

1. Fire
2. Scarlet
3. Gloria
4. Tomorrow
5. I fall down
6. I threw a brick through a window
7. Is that all?
8. With a shout
9. Rejoice
10. Stranger in a strange land
11. October

Gloria
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
I Fall Down
Tomorrow
Stranger In A Strange Land
October
Rejoice
With A Shout
Fire
Is That All
Scarlet

A very good album that could have been better. Lots of good ideas and a lot of atempts to try and do something diferent but still rock n' roll enough. However they just dont seem enough songwritting ability to get what they were after. Still a very interesting album for sure.

I LOVE Stranger In A Strange Land's intro! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom