Rare U2 Songs I Love!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
LivLongbootleg on here gave me U2 c.d.s with rare U2 songs. I love them, thank you! My questions are, are any of these song played live*? Please tell me anything you know about these songs. Do you like these songs, too?

1. American Prayer {album version}
2. Slug*
3. What's Going On?*
4. Paint it Black*
5. North And South of the River
6. Pop Musik
7. Desire {Hollywood remix}
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. People Get Ready
10. Salome {remix}

Last edited:
Paint it Black is a Rolling Stones song from 1966

Won't Get Fooled Again is a Who song from 1971

Pop Muzik is an M song from 1980

People Get Ready was an old blues standard done by many artists including Rod Stewart

Cute Irish Bono said:

1. American Prayer {album version}
2. Slug*
3. What's Going On?*
4. Paint it Black*
5. North And South of the River
6. Pop Musik
7. Desire {Hollywood remix}
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. People Get Ready
10. Salome {remix}

Carly,

1. The version on your CD is the way it sounded the first time it was performed. Actually, that track is from the third time it was performed, but that is the first recording that turned up. You can here that Bono and the Gateway Ambassadors are acutally singing along with the demo he made with Dave Stewart.

2. Slug is from Passengers

3.What's Going On is a classic Marvin Gaye song. The version I gave you is only Bono and Chris Martin, but the more popular one they recorded had Bono, Nelly, Britney, Justin, Christina, Michael Stipe, the guy from Staind, and tons of pop artists. It was sold as a single with the profits going towards fighting AIDS, but unfortunately it didn't do as well as it could have b/c when Sept 11 happened, everyone listened to all those [tacky] tributes.

6. Pop Musik is a cover and it was played as the very first song during the PopMart concerts.

8. We Won't Get Fooled Again is a Who cover and it was played at the end of the Irving Plaza gig on the Elevation promo tour

9. People Get Ready I *think* is originally by Curtis Mayfield and is one of the most covered songs ever.

10. The Salome Zooromancer Remix is the version on the Best Of 1990-2000

Thanks. But was that "American Prayer" song perform live, though? Bono didn't sing along with those other tacky artists, right? Sorry, just a little confused.

I love all of the versions of the songs, though! They rock! Thank you so very much! :cute:

Cute Irish Bono said:
Thanks. But was that "American Prayer" song perform live, though? Bono didn't sing along with those other tacky artists, right? Sorry, just a little confused.

The American Prayer I sent you is live from Wheaton College. It's Bono and the Gateway Ambassadors performing live, singing over Bono and Dave Stewart's original demo of the song. The first time the song was performed was Dec. 1, 2002. It was performed 5 or 6 times on the Heart of America tour. Then Bono and the Gateway Ambassadors recorded a new version in New York City. Then after that, Bono and Beyonce must've hooked up and re-worked the song into what we heard from the concert in South Africa.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
The first time the song was performed was Dec. 1, 2002.

good memories, eh lies? i think that's the most original u2 moment we can hold...we were there that day, the closest u2 fans to bono, crying our eyes out...(well, me and eep were at any rate...)

also a mention, north and south was a collaboration with christy moore, an irish folk singer. imo, this is one of the most underrated u2 songs...great great song. it has been played live one time, on the late late show in ireland in tribute to the victims of the omagh bombing. i don't know which version lies gave you, but both are great...

Last edited:
Nevermind I think I figured it out, I have to save it to my outer right? Well if I do I will save it when I get home from school.... I can't wait!

souLnation2002 said:
Lies, could you put up American Prayer from Dec 1st on your website? :hyper:

Actually, there's no mp3 in circulation from that night. Maybe you mean the one from Wheaton? (like Dec. 5 or something). I'll put it up later, I'm in class right now...

Thanks, I understand! Ican't stop listen to the c.d.s! Thanks, they rock! Why? Because U2 does rock! :cute:

That wont get fooled again song doesnt sound like U2.... but maybe I'm just hearing things wrong. I don't know it sounds like some little punk dude singing it. Maybe the instrument parts are the guys. I don't know! lol.

TheWho4Life said:
That wont get fooled again song doesnt sound like U2.... but maybe I'm just hearing things wrong. I don't know it sounds like some little punk dude singing it. Maybe the instrument parts are the guys. I don't know! lol.

Are you saying you dont think its them? Because it definately is. I do agree though if you listen to it on its own without the rest of the show it might be hard to tell its definately U2. But it definately is.

IMO, that's also one of the best Elevation-era bootlegs, their Irving Plaza show. Great song selection (both All I Want Is You and Bad, 11 O'Clock) and some rarities (I Remember You (1st time) and Won't Get Fooled Again (only time they played it)). All within 80 minutes!
:up:

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
IMO, that's also one of the best Elevation-era bootlegs, their Irving Plaza show. Great song selection (both All I Want Is You and Bad, 11 O'Clock) and some rarities (I Remember You (1st time) and Won't Get Fooled Again (only time they played it)). All within 80 minutes!
:up:

:yes: Irving Plaza boot :bow: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom