Ranking Achtung Baby Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am really intrigued in the status Achtung Baby holds

I know someone stated that 4 of U2's 5 best songs are on this album, but I truly wouldn't have a clue which songs this would be

I am a big fan of The Fly and I understand why One has become as huge as it is

I think Until the end ..., Mysterious Ways and Love is blindness were really great live

and I know this forum loves Acrobat (personally I think it's not that great musically, great lyrics though)

I appreciate the drastic change from their 80s output and I like the story of the guys almost giving up until stumbling upon One, but nostalgia like that doesn't really influence the quality of an album
it makes me appreciate the band as a whole more but that's about it

just pondering random thoughts here :D

UTEOTW
Trying To Throw (I'm way out in left field on this one, I know)
The Fly
So Cruel
Mysterious Ways
One (overrated)
Acrobat
Who's Gonna Ride
Zoo Station (way overrated)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Ultraviolet
Love Is Blindness

1. One
2. Acrobat
3. Until the end of the world
4. The Fly
5. Zoo Station
6. Love is blindness
7. Mysterious ways
8. Even better than the real thing
9. Ultra Violet
10. So cruel
11. Who's gonna ride your wild horses
12. Trying to throw your arms around the world

too hard to rank them..... best album ever !!!!

Axver said:

Why be so selective?

You know damn well how hard the moderators work to be fair here...and people saying otherwise REALLY pisses me off. And let's face it, Axver, you've caused problems in the past...you were even suspended from a forum. So don't act all innocent like you're a perfect member.

I'e always tried to be polite and nice, but I have absolutely had it with some of the behavior I have seen around here lately. Some people just need to grow up and show a little more respect and kindness.

Bonochick said:

You know damn well how hard the moderators work to be fair here...and people saying otherwise REALLY pisses me off. And let's face it, Axver, you've caused problems in the past...you were even suspended from a forum. So don't act all innocent like you're a perfect member.

I'e always tried to be polite and nice, but I have absolutely had it with some of the behavior I have seen around here lately. Some people just need to grow up and show a little more respect and kindness.

It was about time. Thank you Mod.

Bonochick said:

You totally dodged my question. Again, why be so selective? People repeatedly attempt to rip anyone who criticises Achtung a new one and no-one bats an eyelid, but if someone dares to post a negative opinion and then engage their critics in discussion, they get singled out. And it's not as if my statement was rude anyway. The guy's point was weak and inaccurate at best.

Also, care to moderate a little less? All I ever see you do is warn people or close threads rather than letting discussion flow. I certainly don't see you participating a great deal in the community. Whenever I see you're the most recent poster on a forum, my first thought is "who's been warned now or what thread has been closed?", and I know very well that I am not alone in this sentiment.

Axver said:
Also, care to moderate a little less? All I ever see you do is warn people or close threads rather than letting discussion flow. I certainly don't see you participating a great deal in the community. Whenever I see you're the most recent poster on a forum, my first thought is "who's been warned now or what thread has been closed?", and I know very well that I am not alone in this sentiment.

Care to not tell the mods how to do their job? Do you want another suspension? Cant you just apologize and move on? Is that so hard to do?

Bonochick participates in the community plenty, why dont you try doing a search of her posts before spouting off at the mouth.

You really have no respect for the mod team here.

any who:whistle:
ACHTUNG BABY:

1. Mysterious Ways
2.Until the End of the World
3.So Cruel
4.Acrobat
5.One
6.Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World
7.Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
8.Love is Blindness
9. Even Better Than the Real Thing
10.Zoo Station
11.The Fly
12.Ultraviolet

Axver said:
Why be so selective?

I will even answer this question for you. You are the one that started the negativity and crapped on this thread on the first page by repeatedly posting that AB 'is a sack of crap' like it's a fact or something. This is your opinion. Why cant you just say "I dislike AB because.."

Besides the fact that this is a 'Ranking Achtung Baby Songs" thread. If you think its such a sack of crap dont even bother.

Sicy said:

Care to not tell the mods how to do their job? Do you want another suspension?

I didn't realise we weren't free to have an opinion about moderators here.

Cant you just apologize and move on? Is that so hard to do?

When there's nothing to apologise for, I won't apologise. That happens to apply in this case. I'm not going to apologise for thinking Achtung is a sack of crap or defending that stance in the face of stern criticism.

You really have no respect for the mod team here.

That is not a safe or true assumption to make by any means. People such as Khanada, yolland, and neutral do an excellent job. I have never (not even in private) criticised the entire mod team.

I will even answer this question for you. You are the one that started the negativity and crapped on this thread on the first page by repeatedly posting that AB 'is a sack of crap' like it's a fact or something. This is your opinion. Why cant you just say "I dislike AB because.."

Two points are important here:
1. The "sack of crap" statement was a side comment to justify why I included a ranking of The Unforgettable Fire.
2. I expect people to be intelligent enough to discern opinion. I am not going to qualify every statement as opinion; this is a forum about music and I expect people to have the basic common sense to know any comment about music is inherently subjective.

Besides the fact that this is a 'Ranking Achtung Baby Songs" thread. If you think its such a sack of crap dont even bother.

Despite the subject line, it is also a thread about ranking The Joshua Tree, which I did wish to rank. Furthermore, why does having a negative opinion of Achtung Baby disqualify one from being capable of ranking its songs? As a matter of fact, why is offering a negative opinion a bad thing? I believe it offers a valuable alternate perspective to the usual norm of positivity and praise for Achtung.

You know, I've given this thread a bit more thought and I don't particularly want any sort of argument or confrontation. So I'd like to end this dispute now and let the thread return to its original purpose. :)

Sicy said:

That's precisely a good resume of my thoughts.

Agreed. I just wanted to thank you mods for doing a good job on this board. Some people here think they are GOD or something. Let's move on now. :wink:

1. The Fly
2. Zoo Station
3. Until The End Of The World
4. One
5. Ultraviolet
6. Love Is Blindness
7. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
8. Mysterious Ways
9. So Cruel
10. Even Better Than The Real Thing
11. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

1stepcloser said:
1. The Fly
2. Zoo Station
4. One
5. Ultraviolet
6. Love Is Blindness
7. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
8. Mysterious Ways
9. So Cruel
10. Even Better Than The Real Thing
11. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Did you forget Acrobat?

phillyfan26 said:

Did you forget Acrobat?

ah damn, i forgot about that. well spotted. i guess i'll throw it in the middle somewhere. It's not good enough to crack the top four but it's better than the rest.....

My New List

1. The Fly
2. Zoo Station
4. One
5. Acrobat
6. Ultraviolet
7. Love Is Blindness
8. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
9. Mysterious Ways
10. So Cruel
11. Even Better Than The Real Thing