Randy Newman question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brachanam9 said:
Randy Newman is not the nicest guy on the planet

But he does write great songs.

*doesn't think there's that much of a bad feeling between Randy Newman and U2*

randy newman made a few sarcastic comment in the 80s about bono, basically saying, in particular about u2's anti-apartheid stance, like, thank god for bono coming over here and telling us apartheid is bad because we all really weren't aware of that. making fun of bono's sort of youthful righteousness basically.

i remember bono in an interview when asked about those comments just kind of said, "well, i think randy newman is a funny guy, but i don't think that was very funny."

just paraphrasing from my jumbled memory, but that is pretty close.

in my opinion, bono is too classy to hold grudges over stuff like that.

has randy newman been nominated before? i doubt he would be inducted on his first time on the ballot.

There has been a long standing thing of Randy Newman being the Susan Lucci of the Grammys (I'm assuming that's what you're asking, caragriff). I'm not sure if it's that he hasn't been nominated at all or that he's been nominated a number of times but has never won.

A few years ago he finally got an Academy Award for "If I Didn't Have You?" from Monsters Inc. I know he's been nominated for a lot of Oscars and that was his first win, for a song he didn't even feel was very good.

Back
Top Bottom