random u2 sightings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i'm watching "ferris bueller's day off" on tv right now. anyone ever notice that sunday bloody sunday was playing in the background when ferris calls cameron, and the framed new year's day 45 cover on the wall above the answering machine when rooney tries to call the petersons?

so i was just curious what other random places in movies or tv that you've seen or heard u2?

Mrs Doubtfire...the guys daughter has a large poster of the guys from that Achtung Baby shoot....I feel so pathetic for reminiscing on when I've spotted U2 on the telly in the background of something that's nothing to do with them.....:huh:

Going into the ad breaks of a morning news show here, I've randomly heard One and Beautiful Day.

In this older TV SHow that was on NBC " A Year in the Life" the woman who was the girl in high school (was the same girl who played Cindy in can't Buy Me Love) lost her virgibity to WOWY and in another episode Pride was playing and her and her friend were talking about how they were going to see U2 and how in love with Bono they were and they had that one ROlling Stone that was just Bono on the cover where its really close up.

ALso in the movioe Cousins there was a terrible version of WOWY played during a wedding.

TiaraGurl said:
In this older TV SHow that was on NBC " A Year in the Life" the woman who was the girl in high school (was the same girl who played Cindy in can't Buy Me Love) lost her virgibity to WOWY and in another episode Pride was playing and her and her friend were talking about how they were going to see U2 and how in love with Bono they were and they had that one ROlling Stone that was just Bono on the cover where its really close up.

LOL! I saw that episode like a thousand years ago! :eeklaugh:

There's an episode of Friends where Rachel and Ross break up and WOWY plays in the background (or does Ross dedicate it to Rachel? :scratch: Can't remember... )

TiVO taped the pilot of the Ben Stiller show for me so I got to see his spoofs on "The Early Days" (although they were trying to pull off JT Era U2 for 1980) and a Zoo TV rip of One and something similar to Lucky Charms :crazy:

Originally posted by
Mrs Doubtfire...the guys daughter has a large poster of the guys from that Achtung Baby shoot....I feel so pathetic for reminiscing on when I've spotted U2 on the telly in the background of something that's nothing to do with them.....:huh:

Really? I've seen that movie many times and haven't caught that-I'll have to look for it the next time I watch it.

A lot of these shows, I had no clue that U2 popped up in (some I'd never heard of, like "A Year In The Life").

Anywho...I remember one night I was watching that "Up To The Minute" news thing 'cause there was nothing else on, and at one part, I think it was during the sports section of the show, I heard the opening music to "Where The Streets Have No Name".

And then there was the infamous "Braceface" episode I saw. :). And one day my dad was watching a game on T.V., and I heard, very faintly in the background, a bit of "Mysterious Ways".

Also, the commercial for the new season of "American Idol", where that guy's auditioning with "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". And they had a commercial on T.V. recently advertising the Music Choice channels you can get, and one of the songs played was "Beautiful Day".

That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Angela

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is any wonder why U2 doesn't release any more of their songs than they do it's because of shows like VH1 who play Mysterious Way's while talking about the size of Brittney's boob's. I paused on it this morning when I heard MW's playing they were doing some compairson between her and Christina A's boob sizes. Honestly, can they get any lamer.:madspit: :mad:

Edited to say: I've resolved to quit saying the f word. This tested my resolve however. :censored:

Last edited:
There's an AM-radio talk show which had Mothers of the Disappeared as its segue into commercials.

sue4u2 said:
If there is any wonder why U2 doesn't release any more of their songs than they do it's because of shows like VH1 who play Mysterious Way's while talking about the size of Brittney's boob's. I paused on it this morning when I heard MW's playing they were doing some compairson between her and Christina A's boob sizes. Honestly, can they get any lamer.:madspit: :mad:

Edited to say: I've resolved to quit saying the f word. This tested my resolve however. :censored:

:laugh:...I heard that, too. I found it kinda amusing...stupid, but amusing.

Angela

i know it wasn't a tv thing , but on jan 1st , in fleet center ( bruins were playing with toronto ) , they played new year's day , that was good . hella good . :wink:

TiaraGurl said:
In this older TV SHow that was on NBC " A Year in the Life" the woman who was the girl in high school (was the same girl who played Cindy in can't Buy Me Love) lost her virgibity to WOWY and in another episode Pride was playing and her and her friend were talking about how they were going to see U2 and how in love with Bono they were and they had that one ROlling Stone that was just Bono on the cover where its really close up./B]

I remember that show! I didn't see the episode where the girl lost her virginity to WOWY but I distinctly remember the one where the two girls were swooning over the Bono Rolling Stone cover - I thought it was hysterical because at the time that very same issue was sitting on the coffee table of the apartment I was living in, and my roomates and I were always swooning over it, and U2 in general!

There also was an episode of Quantum Leap where Al was telling Sam about the U2 spy plane and Sam was really confused and said, "You mean the rock group?" :lol:

There was a really, really bad cover of WOWY during this one scene in this movie from a few years back called Looking for Alibrandi. It was a good movie, and it was an interesting song choice for the scene (someone had just died), but whoever did the cover absolutely murdered the song :(

:yes: My fave, WKRP in cinnanati had U2's boy on the wall while the dj played 'I will Follow", Saved by the Bell, and there was this graduating class that decided to use WOWY as there graduating song, while keeping down expenes for everyone by having their Prom at the Fair!! Cool!:wink:

Last night on VH1 I saw a VH1 commercial which had clips of Edge in it.... and at the end it said "Its going to be another great year" or somethin like that. No Bono in it just Edge!

Interesting, U2SJ.

forbonou2 said:
:yes: My fave, WKRP in cinnanati had U2's boy on the wall while the dj played 'I will Follow"

I've never noticed that, either. What episode was this?

Another one: there's a commercial on VH1 Classic where it shows some of the 100 greatest albums, and both Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree are mentioned.

Angela

VH1's Carmen Electra show plays Electrical Storm while they talk about how she worked for Prince. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom