Radiohead Creep by U2 - Has it ever happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
My friend who lives in New York says he has a cd with U2 playing Radiohead Creep live.

I can't help but not believe him. I don't recall them ever playing that song in concert.

Can anyone out there verify/refute my opinion?
Has U2 ever played this song in concert?

barring, of course, Bono saying "but I'm a creep" when Edge did his little guitar chakka chakka in the middle of Elevation on the tour of the same name and on SNL.

Thanks for the info...

^ Yep.

Although there's supposedly a song on the P2P networks that's labelled as U2 playing Creep, but I don't know what that is. Certainly not what it's labelled (probably some other band playing that song).

:)

Yeah, there are a lot of mislabeled files like that. Like there is a Smashing Pumpkins cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday, yet its just Edges's Popmart version of the song.

Last edited:
i assumed it was a P2P mislabel.

that edge popmart sbs is mislabeled as everything from Smashing Pumpkins to Sublime

I even saw it labeled as 3 Door Down once.

anyone know who this is actually playing the mislabeled Creep?

I know that Moby and Beck have covered it live before. And I think the Flaming Lips as well.

I am trying to figure it out, because my friend says that the guitar really sounds like the edge in parts...

well, after a bit of research (ie me downloading the song) and looking on radiohead fansites and wikipedia, i have found that it was tears for fears...

it is pretty obvious when you hear the vox that it aint bono.

i'm gonna have to slap my friend next time i see him for confusing bono with roland orzabel.

ah well, it's better than Simple MInd's "don't you forget about me" being mislabeled as U2. that one influenced a whole generation of college kids.

i'm serious. I would say about 30 percent of people I know think that U2 sings "that song from the breakfast club"

Clawgrabber said:
anyone know who this is actually playing the mislabeled Creep?

I once downloaded a "U2 Creep" from the P2P Ares that, well, was Radiohead.

Stupid people... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom