Radio stations that love U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetongue

Babyface
hi U2 fans :wave: having listened to the U2 marathon on WBWC in the past days, i'm wondering, does anyone know of any other radio stations that i can listen online that play U2 songs often? because it was really sweet to have multiple U2 surprises in one day and also to know that there are lots of lots of other U2 fans on earth freaking out at the same time :wink:

thank you in advance :)

You wont be hearing songs like that on the radio, that was a college radio station which isnt commercial at all, plus the person that had the collection for the marathon probably had one of the most complete collections that I ever saw. It was amazing to hear those tracks but we will probably have to wait till next year to hear that again.

There is many stations around that play the normal U2 staples though you just have to look for them probably your best bet would be to search through online radio stations for U2 content I would say.

Yahweh said:
You wont be hearing songs like that on the radio, that was a college radio station which isnt commercial at all, plus the person that had the collection for the marathon probably had one of the most complete collections that I ever saw. It was amazing to hear those tracks but we will probably have to wait till next year to hear that again.

There is many stations around that play the normal U2 staples though you just have to look for them probably your best bet would be to search through online radio stations for U2 content I would say.

yeah it would have been really great to listen to the whole marathon but in reality i was able to listen to it for about a mere hour total :sad: but just hearing any song from the released albums would be great also, so i'm going in search for a good online radio station :) thanks for your response :happy:

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Every year on St. Patrick's Day, either 92.5 or 92.9 in Boston plays U2 all day.
Sorry, I forget which of the two it is.

that's great! BTW i went to summer school in Boston a few years ago and i listened to Kiss107.9 all the time:D i think it played some ABOY:)...

Anyway, i can look forward to St. Patrick's Day next year :wink:
thanks for the info! :happy:

Last edited:
92.9 WBOS here in Boston LOVES U2. Generally radio stations around here play a lot of U2--it varies from station to station what they'll play, i.e. 101.7 plays Bullet and Beautiful Day all the time, 100.7 plays COBL, some older stuff, but 92.9 plays pretty much everything. I heard The Fly a couple days ago. Kiss will play the newer hits.

amerrydeath said:
92.9 WBOS here in Boston LOVES U2. Generally radio stations around here play a lot of U2--it varies from station to station what they'll play, i.e. 101.7 plays Bullet and Beautiful Day all the time, 100.7 plays COBL, some older stuff, but 92.9 plays pretty much everything. I heard The Fly a couple days ago. Kiss will play the newer hits.

cool:applaud: i tuned in to WBOS online today and when i looked at the playlist it had just finished playing New Year's Day...:eek: i miss Boston...such a beautiful city:love:

you hear nowt but crap and jiberish on UK radio stations, i hate them, thats why i plus my ipod into the car radio:wink:
the advantages of modern technilogy

I think WTMX in Chicago likes u2 as well...101.9

and 104.3 Jack FM in Chicago plays U2 a couple times a day...but it's almost always New Years Day, Pride, or Sunday Bloody Sunday.

prideofzootv said:
you hear nowt but crap and jiberish on UK radio stations, i hate them, thats why i plus my ipod into the car radio:wink:
the advantages of modern technilogy

:lol: Too true! I do love Virgin radio though. They play a fair bit of U2 on there too.

I've heard U2's cover of Everlasting Love no less than 3 times in the last month on WFNX in Boston...that's pretty random
92.9 plays a lot of U2, but WBCN is supposedly the first (or one of the first) stations to have played U2 in America.

here in LA: Star 98.7 & JackFM 93.1 =)
it's sooo cool, every time i just randomly turn on Star, the second song is almost always a U2 song!

thank you everyone for the info!:bow: so many radio stations to check out:hyper:

and thanks for sharing the great interview, Edgette:happy:

tuwie:bow: U2 on the top banner of Star FM website:applaud:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom