R&H DVD, Sunday Bloody Sunday - Utmost Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
I would have to say that this is probabley the most incredibe version of any song, at any concert performed by anyone that ive ever seen. It sends chills up and down my body, and the pure emotion of the song is breathtaking. I can honestly say I don't think i'll ever see a song that moves me the way this one does each and everytime I see it.

"And let me tell you something
I've had enough of Irish Americans
Who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years
Come up to me, and talk about the resistance
The revolution back home
And the glory of the revolution
And the glory of dying for the revolution
Fuck the revolution!

They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution
What's the glory in taking a man from his bed
And gunning him down in front of his wife and children
Where's the glory in that?

Where's the glory in bombing a rememberence day parade
Of old age pensioners their medals taken out and polished up for the day
Where's the glory in that?

To leave them dying, or crippled for life, or dead
Under the rubble of the revolution
That the majority of the people in my country
Don't want

No more sing
No more
No more
No more
No more"

For someone (myself) who is entirely sick of this song, I could watch this version at anytime of the day and be floored. However, I don't mean to crash the party, but I think WOWY is the best performance off of the dvd! :drool: :drool:

yeah, WOWY is great, but I think you're forgetting Bad, said version of which being the best version of the best song ever recorded.:wink:

just like to add that I'm just getting my friend into U2 and she loves this version...let's just say at 5 am friday night she was reciting the "fuck the revolution speech" for me...I was surprised at how well she knew it for supposedly only listening to the song a few times.:ohmy:

VertigoGal said:
yeah, WOWY is great, but I think you're forgetting Bad, said version of which being the best version of the best song ever recorded.:wink:

just like to add that I'm just getting my friend into U2 and she loves this version...let's just say at 5 am friday night she was reciting the "fuck the revolution speech" for me...I was surprised at how well she knew it for supposedly only listening to the song a few times.:ohmy:

Bad is great, but the version of WOWY is what turned me from a huge fan into a fanatic, it gives me chills every time :bow:

I'm not necessarily a fan of this song but that performance is just incredible .

Favorite part of course the famous speech and the moment his voice cracks in "no more" shouts.

WOWY is good, not the same emotion tho. I actually thought the Elevation DVD was a better version. Although I did like the..

'We'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter night, one heart, one hope.. one love. With or without you.'

That really was great.

With or Without You on Rattle and Hum is probably the clearest and most perfectly sung WOWY Bono has ever sung.

Although, one of my personal favorites is Chicago Vertigo Tour when he sung the snippet of Strangers in the Night.

Great song.

Back
Top Bottom