Question: Significance of April 30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoPrika

Babyface
Yesterday (April 30), a two-hour radio special aired in celebration of the 30th anniversary of U2. (I only caught the second hour.) I can't figure out what (if anything) was significant about the date. The earliest starting date I've ever heard is September 25, 1976, which would make the point at which the 30-year mark would be reached months away.

In short...does April 30 have any U2 historical significance?

Thanks,
Erika

according to atU2.com

April 30, 1987: Concert: Pontiac, MI, USA

U2 play at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, selling all 51,000+ tickets at their first-ever headlining stadium show in the US. Media reviews are favorable following the show, but they also say a video screen is a must so people at the other end of the stadium can see the band.

There are others listed but that must be it

April 30, 1989: Bono sings solo in Dublin

Bono makes his first solo live appearance when he sings two adaptations of William Butler Yeats' poems at a fundraising event in the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.

This is what I found on atu2.com:

April, 1980: '11 O'Clock Tick Tock' recorded

U2 records its first single for Island Records, "11 O'Clock Tick Tock," over the Easter weekend at Dublin's Windmill Lane studios.

I don't know if it is April 30th

Thanks for your input, MrsSpringsteen and BANZAI.

I'm becoming convinced that the only connection between the date this program was aired and U2's 30th anniversary is the year. I had hopes that it was something more because the birthday of someone I know who is also a big U2 fan is April 30.

Erika

Back
Top Bottom