Question Regarding Terrorists - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2001, 10:31 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Question Regarding Terrorists

I have a serious question for all who think that instead of retaliating against the terrorists, America should try to remedy the things that "caused" the terrorists to do what they did.

My question is...are you sure you want us to do that? Think about this before you answer.

To "remedy" the things that Terrorists hate about the USA would require quite a bit - and much of it, things that I know not too many of you would actually be willing to do. But, I'll play your game. Here is the United States, after we've addressed and "remedied" these issues.

We are less one dear friend, because Israel was destroyed by all the enemies that surround them when we stopped being involved and turned our back on them. Because Israel is no longer around, we have lost much of our intelligence-gathering ability for the region.

But there's so much more. You are aware, I am sure, that one of the main thing these terrorists hate about us is our free society, which they see as an abomination to God. They hate what our women wear, they hate that women have leading roles in business and government, and they hate Holloywood. So, here's the part where you guys must really help us out, in an effort to stop doing things that make the terrorists mad:

All women should drop out of school, quit their jobs and government positions. They should all stay in the house and are all commanded to do exactly as their husbands tell them, no exceptions. And that new dress you want to wear? Forget it. But you'll look great covered head to toe in the middle of the blazing hot summer. And if you slip up and accidentally show too much ankle, don't worry - you won't do it again. The beating the authorities will give you will help keep you on your toes next time.

And men, you don't get off scot-free. Your beard not long enough? You cabn be beaten or sent to jail, also. And you can forget about going to see that movie you've been anticipating so much. Hollywood's decadence makes the terrorists hate us.

So you see folks, it's not just a simple matter of reshaping a few policies. To get the terrorist types to not hate us require BIG BIG scarifices - sacrifices that I'm sure not many of us are willing to make.

Old 10-09-2001, 11:42 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 12:56 PM
here's the point....

and oh, you've missed it by miles!!

Old 10-09-2001, 11:59 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 11:56 AM
thats very rational, deep and profound 80's.

------------------
-deathbear
Old 10-09-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:56 AM
80s:

It's far more simple than that:

If the Jewish people are completely expelled and the state of Israel ceases existence, The Osama and his people seek the following:

(1) overthrow/assasination of moderate governments of Jordan, Saudia Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Egypt (Hosni Mubarak), Lebanon's Maronite Christian President, and the moderate President of Iran (who is vitrually silent under teh Ayatollah as it is);

(2) replacement with fundamentalist Shar'ia governments which will allow the "ethnic cleansing" of moderate Muslims, Druse, and Maronite Christians;

(3) advance of Shar'ia governments into northern Africa, but NOT "ethnic cleansing" of Christian and animist indigenous peoples, for they will become the slave workforce as in Sudan, Mauritania and Nigeria today;

(4) removal of whichever Pakistani government exists (likely Musharraf or former prime minister Benazir Bhutto - a FEMALE! How EVIL!) and replacement with a Taliban-like governemnt, to prepare for:

(5) aggressive advance into India, far beyond Kashmir, for the simple initiation of a massive civil war; and

(6) installation of Shar'ia regimes in Tajikistan, uzbekistan, etc. although the majority of the moderate Muslim populations don't want them.

Kiss human rights such as religous liberty, free speecha nd women's rights goodbye.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:01 AM   #5
War Child

Bin laden = Hitler
Old 10-10-2001, 12:07 AM   #6
War Child

Well, I know I'm one who has said that the US should look at the way they do things O/Seas, but I mean it in a bigger different picture way.
The way I mean when I say the US (and most of Europe and Australia and any other 'western rich' country) should look at their foreign policy (I don't mean specific heavy political issues like say supporting Israel etc) is that I think in general the west should try and 'take care' of the rest of the world more then forget about them or look like they are even being punished.

Pretty soon any country like most of those in Africa, a great number in Asia, Middle East etc who are suffering extreme poverty, disease, horrible treatment from their leaders, all of which is only getting worse and worse and worse, are all going to start looking at the west, which is getting richer and richer, life getting easier and easier, and start to get angry, jealous, and maybe start to find things to point their fingers at and blame us for.

I just think that doing more for those countries (and I know alot is already done) would certainly help (and should be done anyway).

As for how to fix the Middle East politicaly, *SHIT* I can't imagine what it would take to fix that. It's like one of those Russian dolls, you know the ones where you take one layer off and theres another one there? Too many layers....
Old 10-10-2001, 12:15 AM   #7
War Child

If the west stepped up their funding to poorer countries, what would happen? Wackos in those countries would say that we were trying to make their countries like the west. It's a double-edged sword. If we gave Bin laden or Saddam $50 million to fix up their countries, where do you think that money would go? So do we have remove these people from power? Now won't that piss a bunch of people off? What gives us the right to pick the governments of other countries? You see where I'm going with this?
Old 10-10-2001, 12:19 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Supreme Cutlas:
thats very rational, deep and profound 80's.
You didn't answer the question. If you are one who wants to "consider" what "made" the terrorists do these things, are you willing to look at the situation and make these sacrifices, so that they will hate us less and have less "reasons" to want to kill us? I'm telling you that they don't hate us just for our mideast policies. They hate us because of the way we dress, the way we talk, the movies we make. This is much a "religious" issue for them as it is political. And in their extreme interpretation of their religion, they see us as the "great Satan".
Old 10-10-2001, 12:20 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:56 AM
U2's ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND is banned in Afghanistan.

How do I know this? Because ALL music is banned in Afghanistan, per the Taliban!

If they don't want our music (that of the West), they don't want our money and advice over there undermining their repressive systems.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:20 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

TylerDurden, I msut say that though I don't agree with everything you say, that was a well-thought out response and clarified your position on some things. Thank you.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:22 AM   #11
Mr. MacPhisto's Tub Scrubber

Perish the thought if we collectively as a country and civilized society have to sit down and reason w/animals such as-and if ever do it will lead to our demise..-
-Jeffery Dahmer
-Timothy McViegh
-John Wayne Gacy
-David Chapman
-Gangus Kahn
-Idi Amin-sp
-Jim Jones
-Ted Bundy
-Charles Manson
-OSAMA BIN FUCKING LADEN

Do you folks get my point?
Thought so..

Thank You-
Godspeed-
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/
Old 10-10-2001, 12:39 AM   #12
War Child

Yeah Bama/wolfwill I understand that, but surely there are ways to flood things like for example the UN Aids fund thingy with cash and resources without it looking like a western effort to westernise the world. Plus I think there are alot of countries that could take a lead in something like that and not look as 'bad' as the US doing it (I'm sure you understand what I mean by that)

Plus not ALL these countries are anti-west, alot of them are just 'fucked' regardless. More a way of helping them now before they do become anti west.

Obviously can't help the current situation at all, and won't do anything for people like bin Laden and people with religious/political beefs.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:48 AM   #13
War Child

I understand what you are saying, but why is the west's job to support the rest of the world? And even if we do rebuild Afganistan after we blow the shit out of it, what's to keep the next generation from hating us just as much? Have you seen the Bin laden recruiting video? There are hundreds of kids that look like they're between the ages of 5-15 dressed in cammies sporting AK's. What do we do with a 10-year-old kid who's greatest ambition in life is to kill an American before he dies? No amount of funding will correct that kid's thinking.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:36 AM   #14
War Child

What do you expect with conflicting religions??
There can never be peace in the Middle East.

Islam can not tolerate Christianity.
Christianity can not Tolerate Islam.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:45 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by stagman:
What do you expect with conflicting religions??
There can never be peace in the Middle East.

Islam can not tolerate Christianity.
Christianity can not Tolerate Islam.
Those are dangerous words you have spoken.