Question for those that know (dallas 2001 In Gods country )Was it supposed to be play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Dunno where to post this but I got curious Ive heard something about the song wasnt going to be played but edge had problems guitar wise so he brought out the acoustic and they did it ?

Any truth to this ?

Well the question of "suppose to" is somewhat misleading for the beauty of a rock show is they can and should lead to spontaneity. If you mean was it on the setlist, probably not.

Someone was holding up a sign asking them to play it and I think someone even printed out the lyrics and brought them to the concert and gave them to Bono.

At the end of the song Bono says "In America it pays to advertise."

something like that.

I was at that show and remember Bono saying something like "that's only the second time we've played that song in the last 15 years". I think they played it at the show before Dallas -- Phoenix, maybe, but I can't remember. So I don't think it came totally out of the blue.

Yeah I was there too, and it had been played in Phoenix the show before. It's possible that they had not planned to play it again in Dallas though, but they certainly practiced it before Phoenix. Still it was so awesome to hear the first few chords and not knowing which song it was :drool: . I was like 'Wow, what is THIS!'

November 23, 2001 / Phoenix, AZ
Venue: America West Arena

Comments: 'Kite' is dedicated to former INXS singer Michael Hutchence, who died 4 years ago yesterday. 'In God's Country' is played for the first time since October 9, 1989. A female fan gives Bono the lyrics and plays guitar during 'I Shall Be Released'. Gwen Stefani duets with Bono on 'What's Going On.' During 'Walk On,' Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson walks a lap around the heart while carrying the team's recently won World Series trophy.

Back
Top Bottom