Question about the Bot album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iloveedge

Blue Crack Addict
I wasn't sure where to put this but I decided to put it here since their is always alot of activity around here! I hope no one minds, if so, just move it! :wink:

Ok I finaly got my Boy album (I have a hard time getting them over here:( ). And the song Into The Heart is hiddin after An Cat Dubh. So it lasts about 8 minutes...and let's say I want to listen to The Electric Co. , instead of putting the 10th track like it's said on the cassing, I'd have to put the 9th track to play it.

Is that normal...like does everybody have this?! :uhoh:

An Cat Dubh that fades into Into The Heart, but it is supposed to be a separate
track. In the fade, An Cat Dubh ends at 04:45-46 and Into The Heart begins. ITH isn't really
a "hidden" track and should roll over to be track number 4.

My copy rolls over from An Cat Dubh being track 3 to Into The Heart being track 4.
You say your copy doesn't do that? That is really peculiar.

Actually my copy of the album does that too for whatever reason. I think it does switch over to the next track when I play it continuously but I can't manually choose the track. :shrug:

vertpomme said:
My copy rolls over from An Cat Dubh being track 3 to Into The Heart being track 4.
You say your copy doesn't do that? That is really peculiar.

Yeah so if I want to listen to Into The Heart I have to fast forward it! :( And that kinda sucks that's all! So let's say I'd want to play Out Of Control, instead of putting track 5 well I have to put track 4.

iloveedge said:

So let's say I'd want to play Out Of Control, instead of putting track 5 well I have to put track 4.

That is so weird. I just put my cd on, and I can select track 4 and Into The Heart plays.
Perhaps it is a coding/burning/manufacturing error on newer editions.

^ I'll return it and see what they can do...And Boy came in a package with Under a Blood Red Sky for the price of one! :wink: My dad will bring it and see what they can do. Hopefully they will replace it!

Re: ;)

~BrightestStar~ said:
I came in here all excited thinking they had an album about robots. :sigh:

:giggle:

Sorry...I have a hard time typing I guess :huh:

Well if I'm not the only one that has this (the two tracks together) I guess I'll keep it!

Thanks everyone!

Yeah my album does this as well. I looked into it on the now defunct eyeofthefly.org and someone told me that a couple of the Canadian pressings of the album had the two tracks together. They were supposed to change the liner notes but they got lazy and just reprinted them. I also bought the dual package with The Unforgettable Fire, so we can probably assume that that pressing was the bad one.

Caused me a lot of confusion too, but as far as I'm concerned it's one track so I don't mind!

~A.j.~

My wife's version of Boy does this too. She is also from Montreal. It might be a French-Canadian thing.

bono_man said:
My wife's version of Boy does this too. She is also from Montreal. It might be a French-Canadian thing.

No, it's not limited to Canada. I got Boy in 1992 and it also has the two tracks together. I have a (West) German pressing.
It never bothered me as I consider An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart as one long song.

:)

The cassete of BoyI got in the 80's didn't list Into The Heart as a track on the sleeve notes. and I'm pretty sure that in the discography of the Rattle and Hum film-book it doesn't list it either.

Back
Top Bottom