Question about Popmart Video.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Just before UTEOTW kicks in....Bono is hanging over the crowd, and it looks like he's angry about something - and I think he's saying - "Give it to me" and "Come on then"...:huh:

As i'm writing this, i've just suddenly remembered about sum1 shining a laser pen at Bono during that gig, and on the bootleg u can hear Bono tell them to stop just before 'Pride' I think.

Could this be about the same thing?

I always thought he was asking for a smoke. He was kinda making hand gestures like he was wanting to put a smoke in his mouth.

I always wondered about that too. He looks really pissed off at someone or something. I kind of though maybe it's just theater, but maybe someone in the crowd was trying to do something (like take his guitar). Would be interesting to find out what was on his mind then.

One of the memories I have of Popmart at Wembley was the fact that people in the crowd were using laser pens on the arch the whole way through the concert.

(like they'd got nothing better to do - dickheads)

So you can almost guarantee that they were shining them at the band as well,

It's no wonder he got pissed off.

In another thread about the same thing a couple of months ago they said bono was pissed because the man in the crowd said something to bono, asshole or something like this.

POP-ROMANCER said:
In another thread about the same thing a couple of months ago they said bono was pissed because the man in the crowd said something to bono, asshole or something like this.

Why would u go to a gig, and then say that to the lead singer?

Moron:down:

Yeah I heard the laser pointer thing too. He called the guy an asshole with a firefly or something. He told him to keep it the fuck out of his eyes. Laser pointers can seriously damage the retinas of your eyes, and even the directions say please don't point them at the eyes of any human or animal or you might blind them.

On the Elevation tour, laser pointers were banned, but some people still used them. At one show I went to I noticed people shining them in Bono's face while he was standing at the tip of the heart, and he just covered his eyes with his forearm. :(

U2Kitten said:
Yeah I heard the laser pointer thing too. He called the guy an asshole with a firefly or something. He told him to keep it the fuck out of his eyes. Laser pointers can seriously damage the retinas of your eyes, and even the directions say please don't point them at the eyes of any human or animal or you might blind them.

On the Elevation tour, laser pointers were banned, but some people still used them. At one show I went to I noticed people shining them in Bono's face while he was standing at the tip of the heart, and he just covered his eyes with his forearm. :(

Weird, strange, assholes!

They pay money for a ticket then travel all the way to the gig only to wind Bono up (none of the other band members seem to get hassle).

If you see any of these nutters then report them to security because they're not real fans.

Imagine being on stage and trying to put your all into a performance only for some dick to blind you with a laser pen!!??!!

Freaks!

Pretty funny that he was saying things to that fan in Mexico right before "Pride". I do not understand some people at concerts and why they do the things they do. Just go to show and enjoy the tunes without having to shine lasers at the bands eyes. :mad:

zoopop said:
Pretty funny that he was saying things to that fan in Mexico right before "Pride". I do not understand some people at concerts and why they do the things they do. Just go to show and enjoy the tunes without having to shine lasers at the bands eyes. :mad:

These people are reinventing the word pathetic....:|

ive been to twelve shows combined so far elevation and vertigo and i havent seen a laser pointer pointed to the band at all.

people are fucking idiots. like some of the assholes that have been coming to the recent tours shows and screaming all kinds of shit at bono and throwing toilet paper up on stage and shit. screaming for bono to shut up during his speeches and stuff like "ASSHOLE!!" why the fuck go then if you hate the band so much? those laser pens fucking kill me. there was this asshole kid i knew who used to do that to me all the time. i swear i almost killed the little piece of shit. why put someone through misery on purpose while theyre trying to put on a show for you, you know? these people need to be kicked in the fucking asses.
more power to bono!

To me its looks like bono asks someone for a smoke. when he does not get it he gets pissed (looks like he calls him an asshole) and the gestures as if he would give him his guitar. I love that pissed off bono.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom