question about people who bono pulls up on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: Miroslava...NEVER intended it that way...it was totally complimentary and vicariously living through you!!! :) Thanks for understanding. I was happy for you.

I have always thought about the dark hair thing, I guess since the book, "The Unforgettable Fire" when the author chronicles the Live Aid girl and describes her as I believe, "pretty girl with dark hair". That thought has been in my head for over a decade and I do feel like I see it a lot- which is fine by me...my hair is dark, my skin is dark (esp in summer), etc. Someone mentioned earlier that atleast it is not some Pam Anderson type. Yes there have been a couple of vampish gals up on stage, but for the most part, I commend Bono for getting natural looking real girls. By "real" I don't mean the average sized woman (what is that now, like a 12 or 14), just that pretty normal looking girl. Granted, a 160 lb. 36 year old school teacher wouldn't be his first choice, but I'd love for it to be me. When I first fell in love with the guys I wasn't 36 or 160! I was 15. I was cute...just poor and sheltered and not at concerts. What a waste of youth on the young!!! :) I am an old woman now for talking like that.

Matt, I was referring to during the concert. :)

NO matter what, the "dance" can happen in my fantasies and my memories of all my u2 concerts have been awesome even if not on the stage. I cannot wait to make new ones for many years to come.....just possibly seeing them through brown contacts!!!!

Seriously, just kidding!

BTW...don't think I said only...I said "mostly". MOST of the concerts I have seen here & there are brown haired girls. And trust me...I plan on having a ball no matter where I am. I am thrilled to have tickets- WFAN- on the floor, OR in the ellipse. That is a blessing and I plan to make the most of it. :)

Last edited:
Jamila said:
This is a very sad yet truthful thread.

The B-man is no different than any man and has his personal preferences in women, but when he is up on stage, it would really elevate his credibility if he was a bit more diverse in the women he pulls up on stage.

Just reminds us that Bono has his downfalls too.

I dunno, Bono said he was attracted to Ali for her lack of vanity, she was a bit of a tomboy, wore clothes her mother made, I can't remember where it was, an interview with Bono and Ali, where he talks about that. Find any interview where Bono talks about Ali, he's still very much in love with her.

*Off-topic*
Sheesh, I found myself really relating to Ali in the article though, I was a tomboy, only wore dresses cos I had to, and my mother made a bunch of my clothes. Though, don't know if I would've gone for someone like Bono in high school, seemed a bit mad back then. Edge probably would've been my type. Quiet "booksmart" guys.

*back on topic*

At the Seattle 2 concert, he :dance: with Adam during "Mysterious Ways" hehe, said it was his first time ever dancing with Adam.

*wishes she could have seen it* :sigh:

I'd give my firstborn to dance with him! Slightly off-topic, at the Elevation show in Cleveland I was right smack in front of B when he sang ONE, I could see straight up his nose and count his nose hairs. I remember looking over at The Edge, he was looking right at me and smiled, and I just turned away. I can't believe I did that! Shoot i would probably faint if I got the chance to talk to any of them!:scream:

Back
Top Bottom