Question about NJ Elevation show (6.22.01)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvresqme

The Fly
Hello all -
I was listening to my bootleg of this show (6.22.01) for the first time in a very long time this morning and I have a question.

You know the party in WOWY where Bono sings the extra part? The "we'll shine like stars" part? In this particular show, what the heck is he saying?

I can make out:

Gavin, Guuuuggi!
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah we'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like star in the ? night

One hope, one love, one truth
Yeah Yeah Yeah
We'll shine like stars in the summer night

Then he loses me *lol*

Any ideas?

My favorite WOWY to this date, that I've ever heard. Mainly due to his calling out his friends name like that, with that abandon, and then into shine like stars- twice!! :drool:

usually anything he sings here, like at the end of BD and before Until, is just scat singing, just words flowing.

"yeah we'll shine like stars in the summer light
yeah we'll shine like stars it'll be all right
one hope
one love
one truth
yeah yeah yeah
we'll shine like stars in teh summer light"..
(no clue)
and then repeats what sounds like, at least, the word "song" about 4 x at the very end.

:drool: and then how the freaking audience goes NUTSS singing "ooh hoo oohhh" in the background for him... omggg :love:

At that show, at that moment, I thought I died and went to heaven. With or Without You live, that night, was the most amazing thing I've heard to date. The arena was shaking from the audience singing the 'ooh' parts so loud.

But back on topic, I'm not sure what he sings. But I like it. :D

Yeah it was my favorite version of WOWY during the tour. I heard him do the extra part the 3rd night in Chicago as well and had been dying for him to do it again. That night in Jersey I was so shocked by it! My friend picked me up by the waist and I was screaming at the top of my lungs *lol* I was listening to it this morning and it made me smile :)

Damn Bono-nese, wish I could speak it :D

luvresqme said:
I heard him do the extra part the 3rd night in Chicago as well and had been dying for him to do it again. That night in Jersey I was so shocked by it! My friend picked me up by the waist and I was screaming at the top of my lungs *lol* I was listening to it this morning and it made me smile :)

Damn Bono-nese, wish I could speak it :D

Whaaaaaaaaait was chicago 3 the triple halle chicago?? I get my chicagos confused LOL - but the one where Bono sings "halle" before edge sings it and then bono sings it again and finally they are in tune on the fourth one- hence the triple (alternating) halles that just blow my socks off?? :yes: :drool: that is a gorgeous one, i flipped out when I heard it and my friend almost drove my car off the airport ramp when she heard it :lol: :heart:

I heard the stars in montreal 10-12 and.. well.. :love: :D

I like this conversation LOL :)

oliveu2cm said:

Whaaaaaaaaait was chicago 3 the triple halle chicago?? I get my chicagos confused LOL - but the one where Bono sings "halle" before edge sings it and then bono sings it again and finally they are in tune on the fourth one- hence the triple (alternating) halles that just blow my socks off?? :yes: :drool: that is a gorgeous one, i flipped out when I heard it and my friend almost drove my car off the airport ramp when she heard it :lol: :heart:

I'm a little confused as to what you are asking but.... Chicago 3 (the one I was referring to) took place on 5.15.01 and highlights included 11 o'clock tick tock, out of control (1st time on tour) and the extra verse to WOWY. It was one of my favorite shows on the tour.

I :heart: this conversation too :D

bawahah Olive!

I'm such a spaceshot. I was totally getting two songs confused!! from two different chicago shows!! :lol: :| oops!!

I was talking about Walk On- the halles at the end. I think this was er.. dunno the date. :( My boots are at home so I can't listen right now.

BUT I've heard this WOWY you're talkin about - here's what my friend had to say about it:

**With or Without You - truly beautiful singing - I'm dying on "body bruised, you got me with nothing else to win, nothing left to lose" - this is a GORGEOUS version! - after falsetto, he murmurs "see my soul ???" - "Thank you good night. God bless you. Thank you for comin out." And then starts getting worked up for: YEAH, WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IN THE SUMMER NIGHT, WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IT'LL BE ALL RIGHT ONE LOVE ONE HOME ONE
TUNE - without you, without you, without you - (wrong last chord )

:D Sorry 'bout the confusion!! (haha guess i do make mistakes once in a while...;))

I just realized why I get these chicago shows confused-- the one i was talking about was 10/15/01 (or maybe the 16th, like I said my boots are at home) and the one that you were talking about was the first leg 5/15/01.

yeah so - same day. Lol. *feels a little better*

Another favorite Stars moment was the boot from ZooTV Boston!! He sings "I wanna spend my summers with you!!" right before going back into "with or without you..." :drool:

:heart: :heart:

Re: bawahah Olive!

oliveu2cm said:
:D Sorry 'bout the confusion!! (haha guess i do make mistakes once in a while...;))

its okay :D I thought you were talking about Walk On but I wasn't sure. Walk On btw, is my 2nd favorite song ever... preceded only by Bad :D

I love the halleluahs in that song.... I thought for sure I would lose it during Bad the first time I heard it live but I was actually too busy comforting another friend but then Walk On came on and I felt a lump in my throat... then WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *lol*

Last edited:
I was at the nj show and I remember bono was actually laying on top of the girl on stage as he sang, as oppossed to her laying beside him.
I remember my girlfriend saying "isn't his wife gonna get pissed?":huh:

Re: Re: bawahah Olive!

luvresqme said:

I love the halleluahs in that song.... I thought for sure I would lose it during Bad the first time I heard it live but I was actually too busy comforting another friend but then Walk On came on and I felt a lump in my throat... then WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *lol*

first time i heard bad live I think i left my body

I have the boot of NJ too and the WOWY stars thing is the MOST amazing thing. One of the greatest live moments of the Elevation Tour, not only for the "Stars" bit being sang, extended and with the personalization of acknowledging his friends, but mostly the ending where he continues to sing and the crowd joins in with the "Oooo Oooo's".

WOW.

Vows to play this tonight...............
Wish I'd been at that show!!!!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

Now I just listened to Walk On from NJ and remembered how much i :heart::love::heart: LOVE that version

where he just starts going OFF
singing Meadowlands!!!!! Meadowwwwlaaa aha ha hahndsssssssss

oh God blow me away :drool: :drool:

meadowlaaaaahahahahahaaaands....

:cool::huh::love:

Re: AAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

oliveu2cm said:
Now I just listened to Walk On from NJ and remembered how much i :heart::love::heart: LOVE that version

where he just starts going OFF
singing Meadowlands!!!!! Meadowwwwlaaa aha ha hahndsssssssss

oh God blow me away :drool: :drool:

meadowlaaaaahahahahahaaaands....

:cool::huh::love:

OH! I :heart: that version too. That show was just so amazing & emotional. I was a big 'ol mess. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom