Question about Grammy's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
I know, I was going to take a break from this place, but I was wondering which categories that U2 is nominated for is announced on the actual TV broadcast of the Grammy's, and which ones are announced before.

Thanks

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Ya, I'd like to know this too.

P.S. This is my first post w/ my new 1.8 Ghz Dell Dimension 8200
smile.gif

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

My guess is they will all be announced during the broadcast. They are all pretty major categories and I think only adult contemporary and polka type stuff is done beforehand, but I could be wrong.

the one they are up against BSB and Nsync was not on tv last year, i think it's pop vocal. Last year that Steely Dan won it. They only show the major awards on tv usually. Even when you try to see later, even a photo, its nowhere to be found, for the other awards. However, last year they did a live webcast of backstage, rehearsals, and stuff going on when those awards were given out. Grammy.com should soon have that info. Forgot to add, last year our local tv stations in L.A. had some of the early awards, there's hardly anybody sitting in the auditorium when they give them out! Be sure to go to E early for Joan and Melissa again on the red carpet. Joan's interview last year with Fred Durst was great, plus her talking to that woman who had painted on clothes on her boobs, Tracy someone the Baywatch ex.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-21-2002).]

joan rivers cracks me up. she had to have done drugs when she was younger...
biggrin.gif

(if you don't dig jone, though, mtv and vh1 will likely be doing pre-shows. they did last year.)

they'll probably skip the rock and pop song categories. we'll likely see best rock album, song of the year, record of the year, and album of the year.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Back
Top Bottom