Question about Dancing ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I've been listening to this boot a lot lately and I have a question. What was the contest thing all about? It almost seems like the band gave this dude a car or something, it that true? I thought I heard something about them giving away a Trabaunt (sp) during the ZooTV tour. Does anybody have all the info on this contest?

wolfwill23 said:
I've been listening to this boot a lot lately and I have a question. What was the contest thing all about? It almost seems like the band gave this dude a car or something, it that true? I thought I heard something about them giving away a Trabaunt (sp) during the ZooTV tour. Does anybody have all the info on this contest?

Hello,

The contest thing was about an MTV contest where U2 would beam the ZooTV show to the winner's house. As ZooTV was all about media and media overload, the band said they brought a whole TV station on tour, allowing them to receive images from all over the planet. With this contest they turned the technology around, blasting images (and sound) to somebody's house. It was a way cool idea (on a recent documentary about 15 years of MTV Europe, Bono and Larry said they thought it was the best competition price ever as it was so much in sync with what the tour was all about). So the dude got no car, but a private U2 concert.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. There was another MTV contest during U2's Zoo phase when they indeed gave a painted Trabant away, but that has got nothing to do with the ZooTV Stockholm concert.
P.P.S. Coincidentally, I've got the Dancing ZooTV bootleg in my car CD-changer at this very moment. Weird :huh:

Back
Top Bottom