Question about both U2 DVDs and sound...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I've found that with both the Elevation Dvd and the new best of, that when I play it slightly on the louder side (barely actually) ... the sound gets somewhat distorted, like if I were playing it at full volume. None of my films do this either. I tried adjusting the audio settings, etc.... but it hasnt helped. I have an older tv, so I dont know if it has something to do with the fact that the DVD is filmed in Dolby surround, and my speakers dont have that... but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this at all! This is my second DVD player too and it has happened on both. Apparently, I fried my old one! :macdevil:

If you're just playing it through TV speakers (as opposed to larger stand alone speakers) you are probably stressing the little speakers. The U2 concert dvd's (and most music DVD's) have wide frequency response (lots of bass and treble) that will stress a small low power speaker more easily than a move soundtrack which is typically more heavy in midrange.

The cure is to get a seperate amplifier and speakers, preferably capable of Dolby Digital 5.1. Of course this stuff ain't cheap, but when you crank it up it can be very sweet!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom