question about ATYCLB !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~fairy_girl~

Acrobat
ok so anyone know why andrea corr was thanked on that album ?

i know they are VERY good friends but any particular reason ?

is any song written for her or about her ? i have a couple of ideas about songs but hardly know anything so whats your opinion ? :angel:

Interesting question...Yeah, they're friends, but I don't really know much more than that.

That reminds me of something else I was wondering...Are the Corrs from Dublin too? I mean, I know they're from Ireland, but I was curious as to what part.

~fairy_girl~ said:
i know they are VERY good friends but any particular reason ?
:shrug: I have no clue. But I want to know it if somebody knows the answer!

People very often thank their friends in the liner notes. It could be that she helped out behind the scenes. Who knows? :shrug:

If you're thinking that by her name in the liner notes that this is somehow alluding to a "secret affair," that is crazy. I've read that she is considered a "daughter" to Bono, and it might just be that he is thanking family.

Hello,

If you look at the booklet of ATYCLB then you'll see many famous names being thanked, some for a special reason, some because they are friends with U2. In the last Propaganda (no, not the one that is going to come out - for four months already :mad: - but the one released just before the Elevation Tour started) they had a small segment about the Thank You's and who's who in the list. They didn't mention then that Madonna's sister is also thanked!

C ya!

Marty

HelloAngel said:
People very often thank their friends in the liner notes. It could be that she helped out behind the scenes. Who knows? :shrug:

If you're thinking that by her name in the liner notes that this is somehow alluding to a "secret affair," that is crazy. I've read that she is considered a "daughter" to Bono, and it might just be that he is thanking family.

Yeah, I heard those rumors flying around...Of course, everybody knows there's nothing to them!

HelloAngel said:

hey yeah maybe they thanked her cos shes a good friend, but i heard somewhere ages ago which was probably just a rumour anyway ... that she helped to write a song ? maybe so i dunno, i thought somebody may know the reason. :)

however a secret affair with bono ? ;) haha - i have heard alot of stories being a huge corrs fan and all, but i do not belive he would do that to ali :) tho they are very close

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

If you look at the booklet of ATYCLB then you'll see many famous names being thanked, some for a special reason, some because they are friends with U2. In the last Propaganda (no, not the one that is going to come out - for four months already :mad: - but the one released just before the Elevation Tour started) they had a small segment about the Thank You's and who's who in the list. They didn't mention then that Madonna's sister is also thanked!

C ya!

Marty

yeah i saw alot of famous names thanked in the booklet :)

uh madonna doesnt have a sister...

if u mean andrea corr ? then she is not her sister, she played madonnas lovers mistress in a movie ;) Evita :)

~fairy_girl~ said:

yeah i saw alot of famous names thanked in the booklet :)

uh madonna doesnt have a sister...

if u mean andrea corr ? then she is not her sister, she played madonnas lovers mistress in a movie ;) Evita :)

Hello,

Yes, Madonna does have a sister. Melanie Ciccone IS Madonna Ciccone's sister. Melanie is married to country musician/singer-songwriter Joe Henry (who has just produced the fabulous comeback album by Solomon Burke, Don't Give Up On Me). More relevant to U2, she's also the manager of Daniel Lanois.

I got to know most of this in issue 182 (October 2001) of Q magazine.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Yes, Madonna does have a sister. Melanie Ciccone IS Madonna Ciccone's sister.
IIRC, i think she would just be her half sister, cuz i don't think madonna's parents had any other daughters before her mother died. but when her father remarried, i know they had kid(s).

KhanadaRhodes said:

IIRC, i think she would just be her half sister, cuz i don't think madonna's parents had any other daughters before her mother died. but when her father remarried, i know they had kid(s).

Hello,

Hmmm I'm not that well into Madge-ness, so you can be right. Then again, if you say that she has a dead twin brother too then I still believe you. :) I reserve my attention for other artists.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Hmmm I'm not that well into Madge-ness, so you can be right. Then again, if you say that she has a dead twin brother too then I still believe you. :) I reserve my attention for other artists.
:laugh: i'm not sure either. i just remember a little from watching her biography in like 96 or so.

Back
Top Bottom