Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued 'Wide Awake in Europe' etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I did. Nothing there. Weird.

My middle pic/article is "It's Alright ... In Coimbra."

Hmm, i had that a few days ago - it was the picture/article that appeared right before the 'wide awake in rome' one... maybe it appears depending on country? Nonetheless, it exists.

It's quite odd that is only a vinyl release.
Should be a mix of live songs and one or two studio songs, might be a good way to promote a new record also.

Time will tell...

It's quite odd that is only a vinyl release.
Should be a mix of live songs and one or two studio songs, might be a good way to promote a new record also.

Time will tell...
Technically, we don't know if it's a vinyl-only release just yet. Perhaps Amazon has only put up the vinyl listing?

Just realized something: The release date, Nov. 22, is very close to Black Friday...AKA the biggest shopping day of the year. If they were to release new material, this would be the time to do it...

Technically, we don't know if it's a vinyl-only release just yet. Perhaps Amazon has only put up the vinyl listing?

You're right, it's just a premature thought.
I also believe that we could have something in a digital way, maybe some songs to download from U2.com or something like that.

Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited Trying not to get excited :hyper:

nice.. 3-4 song EP.. betting on getting Mercy and Glastonbury, but not North Star or EBW..

Boots
Glastonbury
Mercy
MOS

This announcement is moving at the speed of U2.com. C'mon, guys, we already know it exists, there's nothing to gain from refusing to confirm it! :doh:

Well, we've only known it exists for about 4 hours. I'm sure U2.com doesn't have employees sitting here waiting for us to discover stuff and then leaping into action.

"They know! They know! QUICK! DENY ALL EXISTENCE OF THE PROJECT BY NOT SAYING ANYTHING!"

:wink:

Well, we've only known it exists for about 4 hours. I'm sure U2.com doesn't have employees sitting here waiting for us to discover stuff and then leaping into action.

"They know! They know! QUICK! DENY ALL EXISTENCE OF THE PROJECT BY NOT SAYING ANYTHING!"

:wink:

:lol:

i'm guessing it will be a live EP only, maybe 1 new studio track, but highly doubtful.

well now this just posted a few minutes ago. McGuiness says Songs of Ascent should be out early 2011
U2 to release new album in 'early 2011' - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 18, 2010

U2 WILL have a new album out early in the new year, the band’s manager Paul McGuinness has said. McGuinness said the band has already debuted several of the songs live, including Mercy, Every Breaking Wave, and Boys Fall from the Sky . The album has been provisionally titled Songs of Ascent.

“I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May,” he said.

Rumored tracklisting for WAIE:

1) Beautiful Day (live from Torino)
2) Pride (live from Moscow)
3) One (like from Moscow)
4) North Star (the same thing Bono and Edge played live, except recorded in a studio)

well now this just posted a few minutes ago. McGuiness says Songs of Ascent should be out early 2011
U2 to release new album in 'early 2011' - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 18, 2010

U2 WILL have a new album out early in the new year, the band’s manager Paul McGuinness has said. McGuinness said the band has already debuted several of the songs live, including Mercy, Every Breaking Wave, and Boys Fall from the Sky . The album has been provisionally titled Songs of Ascent.

“I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May,” he said.
Live EP with a studio version of the first SOA single in November to build hype/have something to sell in November, followed by the full release of SOA in March or so? Sounds good to me.

4) North Star (the same thing Bono and Edge played live, except recorded in a studio)

did you see this somewhere? or is this a guess.

Really? I heard the tracklisting would be as follows:
1) In A Little While (Live from Torino)
2) In A Little While (Live from Moscow)
3) In A Little While (Live from Rome)
4) In A Little While (Live from Paris)
Bonus track for iTunes preorders: In A Little While (Live from Coimbra)

Really? I heard the tracklisting would be as follows:
1) In A Little While (Live from Torino)
2) In A Little While (Live from Moscow)
3) In A Little While (Live from Rome)
4) In A Little While (Live from Paris)
Bonus track for iTunes preorders: In A Little While (Live from Coimbra)

:sad: That would be my worst nightmare. :yikes: I pre-ordered it anyway so I can get emails from Amazon as the status changes.

I can deal with an EP now and an album early 2011, but they really must have given up on all hopes of actual album sales if they're doing another spring album....
If they've given up hope of actual album sales, perhaps they'll feel more free to experiment, since they're not so worried about having a Big Hit Single?

#wishfulthinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom