Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued 'Wide Awake in Europe' etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any quasi-baseless speculation going on about U2.com's latest e-mail, which ends "we'll be back in touch later this week with some more breaking news...," or do we already know what that is?
Breaking news...

Breaking wave...

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAI-

I would expect it's the announcement of additional US and/or European dates for next summer and into fall, based on the rumors circulating in the past month or so.

YAY!
Thanks, Cori, I was this close to getting my hopes up. Nice catch. :hi5:

Does anyone expect the first place we'd hear of a new album would be from U2.com? :wink: I wouldn't be surprised if the first real information we hear is an "oops" announcement on a website or something, with a title and potential release date or something.

It didn't even occur to me that it would be album news.

I don't think it's an album announcement, but I do think it's illogical for them to release an album for the holidays in 2011. The momentum will be lost. Unless of course they then announce the 2012 380 degree tour.

I agree.

They're already bucking their own trends by playing 6 unreleased songs on the tour, who's to say they'll stick with their old release patterns?

While a fall 2011 album seems kind of odd and pointless, there is one thing to keep in mind. Members of the crew were told to plan on working into 2012. Also, Paul McGuinness made some mention of the fact that the tour would stretch into 2012. I would think that by the end of 2011, demand would have been met. But really, who knows what they're planning?

I don't think it's an album announcement, but I do think it's illogical for them to release an album for the holidays in 2011. The momentum will be lost. Unless of course they then announce the 2012 380 degree tour.
U2 380°: The tour so amazing, so awesome, so over the top, it breaks the laws of geometry and physics just because it can.

I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh if the new album's actually released Holiday 2011, based on the last year and a half of built expectation.

Personally I was gunning for ~ May 2010. They had a tour break! Bono said they had a NLOTH companion album of songs! It was perfect!

I'm half tempted to throw Spring 2012 out there, considering a mandatory 4-5 month delay from said 2011 timeframe.

They say MORE breaking news, as if the breaking news to come is in the same league as the news in the email we received.

Ahm, however: U2place - (Rumor) Tour 2011: Confermate già 10 date, 6 concerti in UK? - Le notizie in italiano sugli U2

"10 date per la prossima in Europa. Di queste 10 date 6 saranno previste in uk"
Translated to (google): 10 dates for the next in Europe. Of these 10 6 will be provided in the UK.

"sempre secondo questo fonti queste 10 date sono gia confermate e a breve sara annuciato tutto dagli organi ufficiali della band"
Translated to(google): According to this sources these 10 dates are already confirmed and short approval will be all by the official bodies of the band

So who the hell knows...

360 needs to end next year, it really will be time for a break and a return with a new tour. That said what the hell are they thinking not releasing something this fall?

the big news:

yeah, U2.com just announced another date on the tour.. Pittsburgh, Oct 18, 2011., so.. no new album fun-ness.

UNLESS.. "Pittsburgh" is actually the new album title! :hyper:

I think Pittsburgh is just part of it - maybe more dates later this week? Maybe just Europe dates for after the US leg. Don't know if there are more US dates coming - I know there were rumors about Baltimore, too.

well, they refer to Pittsburg as the "final date" of 360.. so I guess we know at least that much.. whatever else is added will likely come before it.

Did it not say final date of the US leg? That would surprise me, because those rumors about additional UK/Europe dates sounded pretty strong.

Edit: In the first paragraph on the website announcement, it says "final date on next year's rescheduled 360 tour" and then later it says "Tickets for this final night of the 2011 North American tour."

I'm taking it to mean it's the final date of the rescheduled NA dates, it's not closing the door on there being further dates announced.

"U2 have confirmed that the final date on next year’s rescheduled 360° tour will take place on Tuesday, July 26th in Pittsburgh at Heinz Field."

doesn't say North American specifically.. though there's plenty of room for interpretation.

I wouldn't analyse what U2.com writes too much. It'll end up being wrong anyway.

doesn't say North American specifically.. though there's plenty of room for interpretation.

It does on the website announcement.

I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other, but as strong as those Pittsburgh rumors seemed to be at first, I got the same impression about the Dublin rumors as well.

Read the thread title again. It's quasi-baseless.

bono210.jpg

How is a passionate love affair with a donut out of the question for this man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom